IRs The John Petrucci IR Collection: Vol. 1

Third-party impulse response pack
Probably just me but I hate that you have to put it in your cart to see the price. Such a pushy, cheesy, low-rent approach. Not unique to this by any means, but still.

Or it's obvious and I missed it, in which case I'll get back to my discussion with the neighborhood clouds...
Back to yelling at the clouds!
Just joking.. the price is in the main page.. a little bit "hidden" from graphics

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 17.44.00.png

Well well well you're right it's "there".
You think that obfuscation might be perhaps intentional maybe kinda?
Sheesh.
They're not really doing anything deliberate to obscure the pricing. You click buy and it opens a page that has $79.99 in huge numbers front and center. Fractal Audio doesn't have the price on their main page either. You click shop and it opens a page that has the pricing. Seems fairly standard to me.

I commented this in the video, but I’ll say it here too… thank you for doing the demos WITHOUT bass guitar so we can hear the true tonality of the IR’s!

I have not understand if is possible to buy a single pack album or you have to buy the whole volume 1.
Looks like Vol 1 is the 3 packs. And since that's the only offering, that's the only way you can purchase them.
Maybe once they have more products, and they see how sales are moving, they may offer them separately, but for now I don't see any place they're sold individually.

They sound great!

I have a favorite: "zBonus-blend mesa 1x12" from the Bonus folder. Yes, a 1x12 😃 It cuts though the mix like a knife without the need to increase the volume, the highs are very well balanced, and I find that it doesn't need any lo-cut when switching to the neck pickup.

I have created a preset with 5 Mesas and 5 Marshals. I am personally preferring the Marshalls. They are less "tight". I will now create another preset with all Marshalls.

Preset attached. Load "zBonus-blend mesa 1x12" on User 1 #613

On Channel B of the CAB I have created a Dyna-Cab with the 1x12 G12T-100 that sound quite similar to that Mesa, with the advantage that you can tweak it to your taste.

Those who do not have this pack can change the CAB block to Channel B on all the scenes

Variations of the preset are very welcome

Attachments

• Petrusca 1x12.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Another discovery:
  • zBonus-blend mesa 1x12
  • USA Pre LD2 Red (scene 2 of my preset above, with slight tweakings at Tone and Output EQ)
  • Stereo BBD @ 250 mS
Instant Santana Europa!
Or even better than his recording. I prefer the nuances of this tone from the Axe-FX

Carlos Santana GIF by Tyga

Last edited:
I already thought the recto cabs I have were awesome. Also, york audio has great irs of rectos. I use Cooper’s petrucci preset daily and love it. What’s the extra this expensive pack will bring to the table except the name tag? I’m not cynical, just curious.

Back
Top Bottom