The Flash Aint Got Nuttin' on Matt

Nice Cliff & Matt. Maybe CK could let you borrow his mic robot so you don't have to do it all by hand next time :p

Definitely. My robot is very small and unbreakable. Easy to manoeuvre and probably free to ship. :lol Though I must admit it still takes me more than 29 seconds to shoot a Cab Pack. In reality it's like an old car that needs to be fixed every now and then but luckily I'm the builder.

Right now I'm thinking about saving up to build a better prototype. Let's just say that I want more simultaneous mics that don't cross with each other and have motorized angling and more distance features etc. I asked a local robotics company how much it would cost with all that I want... let's just say I didn't go for it. But they were interested in the project after seeing my drawings and wanted to do a product out of it and make me the project leader. I think I'll focus on the Cab Packs for now. :D

If FAS wanted to create a microphone robot as a future product I would definitely be interested in being a part of it though. What a must have for every studio out there...

I think he is cause to coin the term "fast-mic'ing". It helps you capture the most minute details before they escape!

Right now I'm thinking about saving up to build a better prototype. Let's just say that I want more simultaneous mics that don't cross with each other and have motorized angling and more distance features etc. I asked a local robotics company how much it would cost with all that I want... let's just say I didn't go for it. But they were interested in the project after seeing my drawings and wanted to do a product out of it and make me the project leader. I think I'll focus on the Cab Packs for now. :D
If you are serious about a robot, check with a university near you. They may do it as a project for a lot less than what a commercial company would.

I did that also but it was a waste of time. I would have needed to buy the materials and created the drawings and plans etc. I can do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom