The first tone I'm gonna match with 6 is...

LSDWash

King's X/Ty Tabor's tone from either Gretchen Goes to Nebraska or Faith Hope Love.

This isn't just a 'Woohoo 6 coming soon!' post, I do have a question for FAS crew and/or beta testers.

How well does the matching algorithm do with non-isolated guitar parts (guitars buried under drums, bass, and vocals)? Should we be searching or CD's for the 3-4 seconds of our favorite tones when the guitars are isolated?

Yes, I would be really curious what tones everyone else plans to match. ::mrgreen

King's X/Ty Tabor's tone from either Gretchen Goes to Nebraska or Faith Hope Love.

This isn't just a 'Woohoo 6 coming soon!' post, I do have a question for FAS crew and/or beta testers.

How well does the matching algorithm do with non-isolated guitar parts (guitars buried under drums, bass, and vocals)? Should we be searching or CD's for the 3-4 seconds of our favorite tones when the guitars are isolated?

Yes, I would be really curious what tones everyone else plans to match. ::mrgreen

FAS have said that non-isolated parts will not be very good.

There's a video of an old bassman that I'm really curious as to how close it can get. I still think that a lot of the characteristic I can't dial in is from the room.

But I'm really thinking about doing a few based on some KPA clips I've heard just for giggles.

Is that how it will work? 3-4 seconds of isolated Guitars? I was curious about the time

The first tone that popped into my head when I heard about matching was Brian Setzer's Sleepwalk. I can't wait! Also, the tone from The Cardigans- A Good Horse. Both of these were recorded with a 6g6b Bassman, but they are still elusive...

The Prayer/The Answer - Timmons
Kingdom of desire - Lukather
Something of Doug Aldrich - Badass tone

Think about how Ozone works... The algorithm will not work nearly as well with anything but isolated guitar. This is not a shortcoming of the Axe-Fx. No tone matching system in existence can work with non-isolated tracks.

Search for songs that have a little rhythm or solo break between verses and choruses, etc.

And lucky for us guitar players, most artists we are interested in matching have at least one song with a solo guitar intro measure or four...

My Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp and 295 Power Amp
Ronnie Le Tekro from TNT's Tell No Tales
Lukather
220 Volt
and there's ONE chord on Queensryche's Empire...
and more...

Back
Top Bottom