The First Modded AX8 (I believe) :0)

If you make it to AZ sometime, let us know. I'm sure a lot of us would like to hang with you. Maybe we could help setup a gig or 2.

Hey hey hey! I'm headed to Phoenix and Scottsdale right after NAMM I have a house concert in Scottsdale on January 30th I think then a axe fx tutorial kind of thing the next morning. then another more open house concert on Feb first near Scottsdale
Send me a message on gig possibilities. Sounds like fun. I'm up for just a unofficial fractal hang too

Thank you
Larry

@Larry Mitchell I am sure everyone wants to know how did you get this done. Does that blk piece over all the buttons just come off to have a template made?

Nope it's just a thin real wood laminate with peel and stick backing but it is also screwed in. Earlier in this thread I posted the details including the email of the people that made it. :0)

SBSz7yy.png

hmmm

Hey hey hey! I'm headed to Phoenix and Scottsdale right after NAMM I have a house concert in Scottsdale on January 30th I think then a axe fx tutorial kind of thing the next morning. then another more open house concert on Feb first near Scottsdale
Send me a message on gig possibilities. Sounds like fun. I'm up for just a unofficial fractal hang too

Thank you
Larry
I'm in. I live in Peoria Arizona. There's a bunch of us here.

I have veneer front for my Axe Fx II as well. Rosewood sounds the best. But I went with the cherry for the Ax8. There might be a small request for stuff like this. ;0)

Larry, could I see what it looks like on your Axe FX XL? I am considering getting one as well and wanted to see what the finished product looks like on the rack unit.

Sorry guys, im here at NAMM and I've been swamped.

Here are a few photos taken when I got the first wood cover. I had to write the labels with ink. But they now have the actual laser overlay. I have a couple I can take shots of when I get back home but that's in a few weeks

:0)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 101
Sorry guys, im here at NAMM and I've been swamped.

Here are a few photos taken when I got the first wood cover. I had to write the labels with ink. But they now have the actual laser overlay. I have a couple I can take shots of when I get back home but that's in a few weeks

:0)

Thanks for the reply Larry. Hope you are enjoying NAMM. I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered one from them for my Axe Fx 2 Mark 1, should be here next week I hope. I will post up some shots of the finished product when I get it in and installed. It will have the laser lettering on it for all the lettering. I went with the Zebrawood and hoping the lettering turns out good. Alex said that it should look good, but may be difficult to read from far off. I wasn't really too worried about far off to be honest, as I am getting old and have to get with a few feet to be able to read it anyways....lol

Thanks for the reply Larry. Hope you are enjoying NAMM. I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered one from them for my Axe Fx 2 Mark 1, should be here next week I hope. I will post up some shots of the finished product when I get it in and installed. It will have the laser lettering on it for all the lettering. I went with the Zebrawood and hoping the lettering turns out good. Alex said that it should look good, but may be difficult to read from far off. I wasn't really too worried about far off to be honest, as I am getting old and have to get with a few feet to be able to read it anyways....lol
I am thinking of Zebra for my ax8 when it arrives

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom