The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Woohooo!
Mine shipped today, should be here tomorrow! Just in time for double gig on fr./sat. night.

For the record, I got on the list on may 9th and would have been among those who got their's just before Christmas.
But I had a lot of gigs in a row so G66 kept mine until I was ready.

Sebastian - REALLY?? Shipped Today? I thought they were being collected from the states today. Unless you were top of the list and got a remaining one from the last shipment (maybe was being held in case they needed to replace a faulty unit).

anyway - I PAID for mine today - expecting it to ship Tue/Wed/Thu next week.

Sebastian - REALLY?? Shipped Today? I thought they were being collected from the states today. Unless you were top of the list and got a remaining one from the last shipment (maybe was being held in case they needed to replace a faulty unit).

anyway - I PAID for mine today - expecting it to ship Tue/Wed/Thu next week.

Hi Paul! To quote myself from my last post ;) :
Sebastian said:
For the record, I got on the list on may 9th and would have been among those who got their's just before Christmas.
But I had a lot of gigs in a row so G66 kept mine until I was ready.

on the 1. of july.

Sussi indicated i a mailcorrespondence earlier, that I MIGHT be in the late january delivery.

ALAS, I am not.

AAEN

I seem to remember that FAS doubled their production capabillities - in dec?

Maybe it will show on the european quantities soon?

AAEN

Last edited:
Hi AAEN,

i hope that will be taken any effect to reduce the waiting time. I'm also ordering on 1st July. :)
And wait, and wait, and wait,.....the last days i thought:

This is the best made collectively Internet-fake ever. A unit that is totaly awesome, but you never could buy. hehehe
I hope this waiting time ending soon.

So, anyone get a mail from g66? And when you placed your orders?

Best regards
Frank

Hey fbuerger and guys,

I placed my order on 26th September. Received my retro-confirmation that I actually am on the list. I got informed here in the forum that the frist person who ordered in early September received his unit and a dude told me that it's gonna be in the next 2 weeks. From what I saw from other orders (August etc) it took 4 months for every body but I didnt know that you guys have been waiting that long...I mean....May???!! Why? Maybe I am not well informed.

Don7v

Hi Don7v

There is a big difference in where you live. US or Europe. The european distributor does not receive nearly as many AXE II as they need.

Therefore the US waitinglist is shorter than the one from europe.

A lot of people (from europe of course) have pointed that out in the past . But that is just the way it is.

So your wait is dependent of where you live.

AAEN

True that! Even though, whoever I talked to (I dont quite remember) when I joined the forum must have seen my location so as to post accordingly. But no worries, it seems that I have to forget about the waiting for the time being and be patient just for a little while longer.....time passes by easier that way. And from what I'm guessing (judging from your wait since 1st of July!!) I'll be waiting another 2 months to say the least!

Thank you for letting me know man and I hope the waiting ends late Jan for you or even earlier!

p.s. Let us no if you have any news!

Don7v

Tx for info Brick_top.. looks like am still some months away from delivery as i ordered late july

I dont think its that badzecure.

The last shipment (mid Dec) covered all those up until the 9th May - some ordering on 9th got one some didnt.

This early Jan shipment covered the rest who ordered on 9th May up until 12th May. Again some ordering on 12th (me) are getting one - others who ordered later that day (Brick-top) arnt.

What you have to remember is that the AFX2 was announced on 9th May. There were a LOT of orders that first week - and potentialy the week after, from guys who had 1st gen units and wanted to upgrade. This was on top of the normal "trickly" of orders. There also had been no shipments of Gen 1 Units from late Dec 2010 until the first shipment of 2s in Sep 2011.

AFX2 manufacturer has stepped up, the shortage of parts that held uip initial production has been resolved, and the list "backlog" is being reduced quite quickly.

The Fact that people ordering in June "may" mave had a unit available from the next shipment (though in the the end havent) shows how quickly the list will be serviced once the "AFX2 release day orders" have been serviced. Id take an estimate that your AFX2 will be on the shipment due early/mid Feb - possibly the shipment after (dont know when that is. Shipments were every month-6 weeks, but there will have been 4 shipments in 2 months by the end Jan. If that rate continues there would be a shipment mid Feb, and another late Fab/early March).

So do you have to order and pay for it first on the EUs waiting list? Im just wondering sorry for butting in Im from the US.

That would indeed be great news.. Tx for highlighting this paulmapp8306. I think this is great info for people still waiting impatiently.
In the meantime do enjoy your AXE when you will get it in the coming days. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom