The Edge's Fractal rig

Dallas must be doing back flips of joy. Can you imagine the amount of stress he had keeping that old stack of racks going? How the hell would you even troubleshoot that old system? Once Gilmour switches to Fractal Cliff can congratulate himself that he has created the most important piece of musical equipment in the last 40+ years.

what is that blue 19" thing under the Axe II?
and what is that green Digitech pedal?

Didn't know The Edge was using the Axe II.

Looks like an eq under the first axe and the Korg delay under the second. The 2 pedals look to be a tube screamer and a Boss pan/trem pedal.

Dallas must be doing back flips of joy. Can you imagine the amount of stress he had keeping that old stack of racks going? How the hell would you even troubleshoot that old system? Once Gilmour switches to Fractal Cliff can congratulate himself that he has created the most important piece of musical equipment in the last 40+ years.

Dallas and his accountants!! It probably costs them 8k in shipping the Edge's gear alone when flying from the UK/EU over here

Yeah, I think it says "U2 Edge Fractal system" and some other stuff I can't make out.

"understage right" I believe.

Also, That's an API 550 Stereo/Dual Mono 550 EQ used thus: "The API is just for output signal conditioning. Its a quick way to make tonal adjustments on the fly rather than digging into menus and pushing buttons. The second AxeFX is backup."
According to Bob B. via Facebook.

The pedal is a Digitech Synth Wah http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/synth-wah

-dc

Last edited:
I know there was a video of him using what appeared to be the Axe-FX, this kinda cements that speculation and Scott is right, "boom" indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe for "Mysterious Ways"?

No, for Get on Your Boots. Mysterious Ways is a Korg A3 although he has used other auto-wah's live for that song but in my opinion it it didn't sound very good.

That rig picture was posted by the builder awhile ago... like almost a year I think. Actually there was another from a different angle but I don't think it showed much else.

Back
Top Bottom