the correct effects order...

feliperigby

Inspired
All the effects on PRE. What would be the correct chain order?

Wah -> Drive -> Chorus -> Phaser -> Flanger -> Delay -> Reverb ???

Were I would put the Pitch, Tremolo, Rotary, Rig Modulator, Compressor, Enhancer and the EQ blocks on this chain???

:eek-new:

All the effects on PRE. What would be the correct chain order?

Wah -> Drive -> Chorus -> Phaser -> Flanger -> Delay -> Reverb ???

Were I would put the Pitch, Tremolo, Rotary, Rig Modulator, Compressor, Enhancer and the EQ blocks on this chain???

:eek-new:

Depends on your taste. First line looks good to me, assuming you don't use phaser and flanger at the same time :). You can also put the wah after the drive, some prefer it this way, but more common is your setting.
Compressor before the drive: gives you this easy compressed playing, but on expense of the touch responsive playing. Behind the drives the feel of the drives is more touch responsive and just evens out the volume differences, which I prefer. Most will have it before the drives, some even before wah. I locate tremolo and modulation between drive/comp and delay/reverb. Enhancers and EQ? It also depends. You may use this like a final boost in the chain. But there are many more options. Try out and always use a minimum of efx :)). This is one of the big advantages to a classic pedalboard: you can change the order of your efx on a FX8 in no time, so trying out is fun. As long as you leave your wah/drive/comp at the beginning and delay/reverb at the end (plus maybe EQ or boost).

Last edited:
Yes I tried the Wah after the drive and for me sucked a little bit... hahaha
I'll taste the modulation effects (all of) after the wah/drive and before delay/reverb..
And for a next gig will see the EQ blocks in the end.
Have no time to try the EQ for now

:encouragement:

I like the Phaser before the drive, particularly in Vibe mode.

There is no "correct" order. What sounds the best to you? Experiment!

You already have EQ at several points in your chain: your guitar's tone knob, your drive block tone controls, your amp tone controls (and in some cases, your amp 5-band). Where you place additional EQ depends entirely on what you're trying to do with it. You also have the global GEQs to play with, if what you're EQing is more related to rig and room than it is to a particular song/preset.

I like delays after reverb. They sound more distinct and less washed out. Try delay and verb in parallel too!

Pitch effects almost always sound better at the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I run my delays in parallel with the reverb. Definitely not before unless I specifically want reverb on the delay. Good tip!

Yes the EQ block and the Compressor for me it's useless.
As said here, there several EQ points in the fX8 and on my amp has EQ and compression (bass amp).
I don't use the 4cm. My chain is all in PRE.

Played last saturday with the Fx8 in a gig and I think that I still needs a lot of tweeking on my unit :mrgreen

Mainly on the Drive Block. It's very difficult to taste the drive for my needs and to Eq on the frequency knobs on the block...
Holy crap...

:eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom