The conspiracy paranoids have won again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember at first the CDC said that the coronavirus cant be air bourn and now they said it is. just like Ebola back in the 80's when they found out from dead monkeys that ebola was air bourn. National Geographic had a documentary about it

You are full of it. "Quackery level pseudoscience."
So, instead of linking you post an image? Why should I give your screen-grab the time of day? The impressive row of social media icons? All of the bright red? Your very uncontroversial avatar? sigh

did they shut the economy down durring SARS or the swing flu which both are coronaviruses? NO then why now ?
Uhh....

Rickster, unless I'm mistaken, that patent page is entirely irrelevant. There are lots of coronaviruses. The one causing the current pandemic is SARS-CoV-2, which is nowhere referenced on that page.

(Or did I miss something?)

Uhh....

Rickster, unless I'm mistaken, that patent page is entirely irrelevant. There are lots of coronaviruses. The one causing the current pandemic is SARS-CoV-2, which is nowhere referenced on that page.

(Or did I miss something?)
The fact we are still debating if this virus is a severe threat or not shows how doomed we are.

did they shut the economy down durring SARS or the swing flu which both are coronaviruses? NO then why now ?
Several countries have the virus under control without ever shutting their economies down. The question is why is the USA in a position where it is even a consideration? The answers to that are all that matter here.

out of 333 labs in Florida 100% of people test positive in 333 labs really? you have a better chance geting struck by lighting while your turning in your wining powerball ticket. get real.
The fact we are still debating if this virus is a severe threat or not shows how doomed we are.

@rickster71:
at first the CDC said that the coronavirus cant be air bourn and now they said it is. just like Ebola back in the 80's when they found out from dead monkeys that ebola was air bourn.
Borne, my friend; borne. ;) And, it's the "swine flu," not "swing." Gotta catch those typos, or people will think you're a Nigerian prince with a frozen bank account!

Still not seeing the relevance. And please differentiate between "aerosol," "airborne," "droplets," etc.

As for "shut the economy down": Nope, they didn't, and that reaction has been partially vindicated and partially shown to have been an overreaction. In defense of the overreaction part: The early estimates of lethality-per-infection were ridiculously high, which, had they been accurate, would indeed have justified everyone getting their sphincters in a pucker for weeks-on-end. (I mean, we're talking about mass graves and Night of the Comet stuff.) But, as it happened, that bit of data (like so much coming from our "public experts" in Q1 this year) was way, way wrong.

I don't think you've directly responded to the point I made earlier: The patent page is irrelevant. Wrong virus. Seems to me that, to maintain credibility, you should fess up before you move on. Those who don't look less like serious contributors and start looking a wee bit troll-ish.

Last edited:
and lets not talk about not shutting the economy down when Ebola and zika was on the rise under obama

No let's. I'm not a fan but the Obama administration actually did a great job in containing/responding to those threats. There was a case of Ebola that was able to slip in the US and they were able to contain it quickly.

Now, what's this administration's excuse?

Aw, for Pete's sake.

Mods? Yet another COVID-related thread is in the ICU. See above ^^^.

Not my forum, of course. But given our track record, perhaps we should call Time Of Death on this whole darned topic.

Wh

When I wear a mask and see others wear masks I feel pride in my fellow man and confidence we will defeat this virus. Wearing a a mask means strength and use of it is a necessary weapon to save our lives and economy at the same time. Fear does not remotely apply! Anti mask people are looking at this all wrong and it is sad we are even having the debate. It is such a small sacrifice for a huge return.

Exactly - the fact is - the other countries have controlled this by extreme initial measures, having strong leadership and direction, and citizens who actually believe in science and care enough to come together for a single cause.... which is why I think we ( America), are in deep doo doo....

It's not like you have to put on a full sealed hazmat suit and hood to go anywhere. It takes 2 seconds to put a damn mask on your face. People are just hard headed, selfish, and lazy. They are so wrapped up in their own self-entitlement that they won't even consider that wearing a mask is not for their own benefit but for everyone elses.

I think of all of the sacrifice my Grandparents' generation was willing give during WWII and the whiny, pansy ass people of today won't even put a fucking piece of cloth on their face while going out to get their daily 64 oz troughs of fizzy corn syrup water. People should be ashamed of themselves. We are better than this.

Lets see its kind of hard to control something that dont exist like lying about the number of cases from the very begining and still lying today.
Exactly - the fact is - the other countries have controlled this by extreme initial measures, having strong leadership and direction, and citizens who actually believe in science and care enough to come together for a single cause.... which is why I think we ( America), are in deep doo doo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom