The best way to use headphones

I have, I just find it a little harsh sounding. Once I get comfortable though I do get used to the sound. I just thought using a headphone amp through one of the Axe's out's might improve my headphone's sound for a late night jam.

I should probably mention there's nothing wrong with my axe's sound using the main outputs through my studio monitors or my matrix and cab setup. I have that dialled in where I like it.

I feel the same way. I have the DT880s. The III provides plenty of output, even with the 250 ohm phones. It doesn't sound great though. I probably can't articulate what it is, grainy maybe. I don't even have nice monitors. I have a shitty portable solid state amp with a clean channel input and small speakers. The III sounds pretty good going into that. So, I find I use that at low volume when needed more than I use the headphone now.

I feel the same way. I have the DT880s. The III provides plenty of output, even with the 250 ohm phones. It doesn't sound great though. I probably can't articulate what it is, grainy maybe. I don't even have nice monitors. I have a shitty portable solid state amp with a clean channel input and small speakers. The III sounds pretty good going into that. So, I find I use that at low volume when needed more than I use the headphone now.
If you dial in your tone to sound good through a guitar amp, it's probably not going to sound good through headphones.

What do you guys think of the cheaper headphones amp's like the Mackie HM-4 or the Behringer HA400? Would they be ok to use with the Axe? Or should I stick with the Headpod? I have a set of Beyerdynamic DT770 and because they are the 80ohms model I think they might need a headphone amp to drive them a bit.
I don't think a headphone amp is going to change the way things sound.

That's exactly it, sounds grainy to me as well. Ok well it was just a thought anyway thanks guys. Obviously I get that it's a headphone jack and it will only sound a certain way.

That's exactly it, sounds grainy to me as well. Ok well it was just a thought anyway thanks guys. Obviously I get that it's a headphone jack and it will only sound a certain way.
Can you post a clip of the grainy sound?

Back
Top Bottom