The Ballad Of John Henry

Sounds great man! Ive started learning how to play Stop today... this is on my list though!

Any chance you'd share the patch?

Well done ducci1012 - nice tone and playing - Joe B. is one of my favorit blues guitarist - very nice instrumental version man :eagerness:

Last edited:
Wow!!! I think I like your version better than his. The tone is amazing and your touch is awesome.

Is that a stock preset? Are you playing through a Les Paul?

Thanks for listening and the kind words everybody!

Not a stock patch, but a very simple one. I've attached the rhythm and lead versions below, I'm pretty sure they're the same except for the delay on the lead, but I might have tweaked here and there. I was looking for an amp with really good touch response and loved the Cameron. I'm not a big advanced param guy, so I just messed with drive, BMT, and presence. The cab is #58: 4x12 TV Mix C1 (Ck), which I love to "crisp up" an amp (will be buying Pack 8 in the very near future to have all the tones!). It's all volume pot and touch after that!

No Les Paul on this one, I used my EBMM JP7! "Almost" like Joe on the Royal Albert Hall show, except I think he used a 6 and I think it was a BFR. I've got the liquifire/crunch lab in mine, I love it! This song is a blast to play on a 7 string in standard tuning; that riff is so satisfying :D

I made the backing myself, so I muted the guitars (except the intro for pacing, but you can clip that out if you'd like) for you guys that were interested. I did the "keys" on guitar in my take, so it's just raw drum and bass. 72 BPM, hope you can dig on it! Let me know if the download button doesn't work (soundcloud is weird sometimes).
https://soundcloud.com/benbouchard/henrybacking/s-ndseA

View attachment HenryCameron.syxView attachment HenryCameronLead.syx

Thanks for sharing man, i havnt played with the Cameron to much so im looking forward to give this patch a go!

I was so inspired by your clip that I searched for a backing track online, and then constructed my own preset to play with it, with the Cameron C2A, and an Ownhammer IR, Mar CB M-PR-20 if I recall well. I will post it too !

Your clip sounded so cool. Very well done!

I was surprised how little gain you used in your patches. The tracked sounded hotter for sure!

Thanks again for the inspiration ducci1012 ! I didn't learn the song or it's melodies yet but jamming on it is fun. Although I'm not staying in a bluesy context, I admit...

And here's my preset too, I'll try yours later, thanks for that ! Mine uses Ownhammer V3 cabs

Attachments

• Cameron mean blues.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
And here's my preset too, I'll try yours later, thanks for that ! Mine uses Ownhammer V3 cabs

Sounds nice Fremen - I have the Ownhammer V3 cabs - did you use your user cab ##9 the OH Mix or a Vintage or Modern Mix (Precise or Raw)?

Back
Top Bottom