The AxeFx II is the biggest improvement in the studio I've experienced...

erockomania

Experienced
...from one piece of gear. This has saved more time for bands on a budget than any other purchase I've made over the last 10 years. But the point is, they are not "settling" for tones... they are dumbfounded with the quality and the ease and they appreciate the time and money they save. While I love writing with it and recording with it myself (it has actually renewed my love of playing), bands that come in and hear it for the first time enjoy it as much as I do because it can save them hours or even the days of time it takes finding great, traditionally recorded tones. These tones take less messaging than many traditionally recorded tones do because I can dial in tones I know will sit well with little tweaking. I've dialed dozens of patches for many genres and all with different voicings/amps so I don't "repeat" myself band after band. Each recording remains fresh, as a traditionally recorded tone would. These new tones I'm getting are getting me more work as well which counterbalances the time and money I lose in the traditional and tedious "tone search" :)

Thank you, Fractal Audio, for making my life in the studio easier and more enjoyable! :)

Last edited:
Thats a great testament to the power of this box. I only use mine for live use but I can imagine the versatility it can cover in a studio environment.

I think, like in many cases, it's a mish-mash of 'are you a natural at finding tone?', 'did you get lucky in this or that case?', 'do you have a ken of how gear works and works together?', 'do you have a clear vision of the tones you want?', etc. I experience about none of these...but I stopped being so serious about it.

That first tune is ki-ller, man. I love those backing guitars. That's exactly the kind of music I want to hear these days! Strike the metal core vocals, and I'd buy it (and I don't pay for music). (A baritone vocalist would be supreme.)

Last edited:
For anyone that enjoys playing at night and/or recording, the Axe 2 is indispensable.

For anyone that enjoys playing at night and/or recording, the Axe 2 is indispensable.

It is a dream for late night playing - hence my post on Christmas Day night @ 22.30 and I'm jamming with a cranked Marshall 800 :)

That first tune is ki-ller, man. I love those backing guitars. That's exactly the kind of music I want to hear these days! Strike the metal core vocals, and I'd buy it (and I don't pay for music). (A baritone vocalist would be supreme.)

Thanks man! Yea, I agree... that type of vocals is not for everyone, but I've grown accustomed to it over the years and think it can play a role. Then again, I might just be desensitized after years and years of recording and producing this type of music for other bands! :)

Thanks man! Yea, I agree... that type of vocals is not for everyone...

I prefer death metal vocals over metal core, but I think neither is suited to such colorful music. And I think without them it would be more accessible to a mainstream audience (chicks as well).

Back
Top Bottom