The Axe FX II and Quantum - big gig on the smallest stage of the world…

Here’s a video of last weekend’s gig at a big party of a short film festival in Berlin. „The long night of weird film“. We got asked to perform a trio based instrumental cover show in between film screenings. The theme of the evening was kind of horror/thriller movie related. When they counted the votes for the winner (weirdest) film, we performed a rock medley. Here’s a 10 min edit of the whole night with lots of different Axe-FX sounds.

The Axe FX totally rocked and made the whole thing possible as I needed to cover quite a variety of sounds. The tricky thing was that we had to perform on 2 by 1,5 meter wide elevating stage so there wasn’t even room for an amp or big pedalboard. Barely enough space for the Axe in a 19“ rack (which the bass player used to stand on - ouch), my MFC and an expression pedal.
Signal went out of the XLR’s into a wireless system that transmitted to FOH, did work really well.

It was quite a big crowd (around 600) at Volksbühne Berlin. We really had big fun on this small stage…
A year ago I performed at the same venue with a mic'd Bogner Goldfinger (at the side of the stage and using a wireless on the guitar). The sound didn’t come anywhere close to what the Axe sounded like!

Song list:

Enter Sandman
The Munsters Theme
Ghostbusters Theme
Halloween Theme
Thriller
Misirlou
Army of me
Knight Rider Theme
Smooth Criminal
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Come with Me / Kashmir