the Allan Holdsworth's toness.

BobNoe

Is there anyone who loves the sounds of Allan Holdsworth (as "Metal fatigue" for ex.) and steering me to know its sounds? I do not know where to start with Axefx II. Thanks

A big AH fan as well! Do a search and you'll find some stuff on the forum. If you want to start from scratch, which I highly recommend you do as its now easier then ever with v6, just do a search around for his gear & settings. The old UD-Stomp manual you can find online will help with the delay settings. As far as a lead amp sound I'd suggest starting with the Dual Rectifier or Cameron. They both have a nice compression to them.

The Allan Holdsworth's tones

A big AH fan as well! Do a search and you'll find some stuff on the forum. If you want to start from scratch, which I highly recommend you do as its now easier then ever with v6, just do a search around for his gear & settings. The old UD-Stomp manual you can find online will help with the delay settings. As far as a lead amp sound I'd suggest starting with the Dual Rectifier or Cameron. They both have a nice compression to them.

Thank you very much LogicVG, perhaps finding some patches of departure and the new Tone Match can be approached realistically.

Don't forget that a huge part of Allen's tone, both clean and lead, is his choice of super light string gauges starting with 008's and only playing through the bridge pickup. For Allan's type of lead tone, focus your EQ settings on the mids...

i posted some patches here - http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/47549-holdsworth.html - these were done with earlier firmware, but download them anyway, because it will give you a template. reset the amps and then retweak. the dual rec was great in 5.07 for his lead and i managed to get very close to his "secrets" era tone, but i've found it more difficult in 6.0. i ended up using the MKIIC. the clean presets should be easy to dial in again...almost any clean sound will do, because the mojo is really in the modulated delays, which are set up for you in the patches.

Simeon, thanks for the patches. I tried in every way to load them with the firmware 6.0 and I can not hear the sound. The signal input and output is visible on the LED Axefx but not the sound. I tried to act on the block amp and cab but nothing. This happens to me even with almost all patches of the violins. Can you tell me exactly where to act (global, control, edit, I/O, etc.) and what to change to hear the sound? Thanks anyway for the wonderful work you've done and made ​​available to ALL!

i always tie external 1 to the volume block. if there is nothing attached to external 1, then the volume block will go to it's default setting of zero. the best thing to do is replace the volume block with a shunt, or un-attach external 1 in the volume block and replace it with whatever midi or analogue pedal you're using to control volume, as you'll need it for the "swells" patch. (if you're using a normal volume pedal in front of the axe, then just replace with a shunt)

you could make a quick change to the global settings, which will also resolve this issue and prevent it from happening in the future - go to I/O > MIDI and scroll down to where it says "ext ctrl 1 init value" and change this from zero to 100%

also, you'll find in the violin patch, i used ext 3 to control the "ensemble" feature. you can also use the initial value setting to virtually turn ctrl 3 on and off, by switching the value from zero to 100% for ext 3

hope that helps!

sim

also, you'll find in the violin patch, i used ext 3 to control the "ensemble" feature. you can also use the initial value setting to virtually turn ctrl 3 on and off, by switching the value from zero to 100% for ext 3

hope that helps!

sim

what patch do you mean. I can see no violin patch. Do you mean the swell patch? Thanks.

I am still on 5.07 and am planning to stay with that for a month or so. Can I still use the patch?

Back
Top Bottom