The 5153 Red model -- AWESOME!

iaresee

Administrator
I'm not the biggest Van Halen fan out there, but there's something about the new 5153 Red model that just makes me want to attempt to get my Eddie on. All three channels on that amp are awesome, but the red channel really does it for me. It's definitely poised to become my new go-to amp for the medium and high gain sounds. The HB and HBE models have held that spot for a while now, can't believe something dethroned them.

what cab IR are you using here?
sounds very good, more like later Eddie than Early eddie (the 51533 is just so thick sounding)

kmanick said:
what cab IR are you using here?
sounds very good, more like later Eddie than Early eddie (the 51533 is just so thick sounding)

It's a near field far field blend. Mixed 50:50, both panned dead center. Pretty sure I got it from Scott Peterson.

I can post the patch but, aside from the cab it's pretty much defaults. That's the 5153 red default with the drive rolled back just a bit. The chorus is default mono analog. So is the delay, default digital in this case.

Last edited:
It's a near field far field blend. Mixed 50:50, both panned dead center. Pretty sure I got it from Scott Peterson.

I can post the patch but, aside from the cab it's pretty much defaults. That's the 5153 red default with the drive rolled back just a bit. The chorus is default stereo. So is the delay.

which cabs?

which cabs?

4x12 SLM V30 (OH)
-and-
2x12 G12-65 FAR-FIELD (JM)

Both panned center with a 50:50 mix. Motor drive is at 5.00 on the block as well. Not sure I meant for it to be there or not now, but hey, sounds good so I won't mess with it at this point! :)

The patch for those that asked. It's not terrible interesting IMO: http://j.mp/KjsAYN

I turned on the chorus block and the delay block when I recorded that clip. No post-processing or effects in the DAW.

If you have the means I highly recommend playing this VERY LOUD. Pant cuffs flap nicely.

Back
Top Bottom