The 25 Greatest Riffs of the 2010s Decade!

You are missing the point entirely.

It's not about technical capability but rather inspiring the youth of today.

Oh I totally got the point, but I can’t find the part in my post that you’re referring to about “technical capability", no there was no mention of that? The point you’re missing though, is that there are light-years between the enthusiasm EVH brought into the guitar-world and TS, I was there, I saw it, I lived it and I conclude that someone is trying to hop onto the EVH gravy-train, which underscores my point, EVH is still inspiring today, people are still trying the equate themselves to EVH more than 40 years later (LOL) and that surly will never be the case with TS.

Oh I totally got the point, but I can’t find the part in my post that you’re referring to about “technical capability", no there was no mention of that? The point you’re missing though, is that there are light-years between the enthusiasm EVH brought into the guitar-world and TS, I was there, I saw it, I lived it and I conclude that someone is trying to hop onto the EVH gravy-train, which underscores my point, EVH is still inspiring today, people are still trying the equate themselves to EVH more than 40 years later (LOL) and that surly will never be the case with TS.

But VH is not putting out new music, and so I can easily imagine other artists inspiring young guitar players. I know very much of 70's guitar players like Page and Clapton and respect them tremendously, but they didn't inspire my playing in the beginning. I was inspired by people who were inspired by them.

Here's an interesting article: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-halen-disappeared/

This discussion has inspired me to start a different thread. I hit a plateau a good while back on discovering music that is new to me, so going to draft something up to solicit recommendations on artists that I have not come across yet.

A big part of the challenge is me, I struggle with enjoying the vocals in most of the metal genres (outside of alternative metal) or faster, lead guitar focused music. Will follow up with a link once it is posted in case anyone is interested in sharing some ideas.

You're not a young person looking to be inspired so I don't think you're qualified to make that judgement on Taylor.

You were almost certainly inspired by EVH because he was a badass guitarist, no?

Taylor is a badass in her own right, maybe just not from a technique perspective.

The "technical capability" reference was my assumption on the above points.

Okay, as mentioned in my previous post, I just started up a new thread primarily aimed at a collaborative music discovery effort. The idea is not only to highlight newer music that deserves recognition but to also pick up stuff that has been released along the way that others, including myself, might have missed out on discovering so far.

I started it off trying to be a bit open but also shaded towards stuff that folds into my personal musical preferences, which happens to generally be stuff that has been released starting in the 90's in the Alternative Rock, Alternative Metal, Post Grunge/Grunge, and Blues Rock genres. But anything goes really.

Head on over if you are interested in teaming up on trying to discover additional material.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...on-alt-metal-alt-rock-post-grunge-etc.157114/

Back
Top Bottom