Thanks a lot Scott!!!

I don't have my II yet, but aren't the parameters named? I mean no offense, but shouldn't it say 'Master'? Is it not labeled?

I'm a djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I don't have my II yet, but aren't the parameters named? I mean no offense, but shouldn't it say 'Master'? Is it not labeled?

I'm a djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

They are named, same as the Standad and Ultra. I do not know why the person above can't see the names.

i can see the parameter names there's obviously a discrepancy in the order of these parameters however, i want to make sure i'm in the right spot on the axe fx....

or maybe scott is talking about shotgun, he doesn't have an axe2 yet.

Last edited:
i can see the parameter names there's obviously a discrepancy in the order of these parameters however, i want to make sure i'm in the right spot on the axe fx....

or maybe scott is talking about shotgun, he doesn't have an axe2 yet.

There's no descrepancy, I don't turn on the Axe-FX every post to make sure the parameters are in the right place is all. The new "Amp Voicing" parameter moved the Master Volume parameter one 'in' to the left.

The one that says "MSTR" is the "Master Volume". Here's hoping folks can still read. ;) :D

So I received my II this past Wednesday. Being a high gain type player (most, but not all of the time) I went right for my usual Amos I used in my Ultra. Namely the Mesa MK series amps. Based on what you guys are saying I would expect the MK series amp presets to have low MV settings. I don't recall the exact preset but one had the Either the MKIIC+ or the MKIV with extremely high MV setting. Needless to say I thought it sounded like crap.

Can someone explain what the triode and power tube (is it power tube or pentode... Im not near my II right now) hardness parameters do?

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

So I received my II this past Wednesday. Being a high gain type player (most, but not all of the time) I went right for my usual Amos I used in my Ultra. Namely the Mesa MK series amps. Based on what you guys are saying I would expect the MK series amp presets to have low MV settings. I don't recall the exact preset but one had the Either the MKIIC+ or the MKIV with extremely high MV setting. Needless to say I thought it sounded like crap.

Can someone explain what the triode and power tube (is it power tube or pentode... Im not near my II right now) hardness parameters do?

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

If you have 3.03 firmware in there now, do not sweat the Triode and Pentode settings now. They are defaulted very close to what I consider about perfect. Them Fractal guys... they are pretty smart over there. Makes it easier now.

The hardness settings are how 'hard' edged the tube response is... how fast they compress or overdrive. Think of it as how 'new' the tubes are. Note - tubes usually sound best just before they die. ;)

Whatever Mesa guys set the Mark V at on the MV is whereabouts you should start and then adjust from there. The key is to balance the drive versus the master volume first, then the EQ, then go readjust all as needed (small adjustments mostly).

And... have fun!

Wow...with 3.03 my high gain patches sounded a bit fizzy...I moved the MV down to 2 and WHOA! REALLY big difference here...very happy with 3.03....thanks Scott!

Back
Top Bottom