• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Thank you Cliff and FAS Team!

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I want to thank Cliff and FAS Team for making the Axe-Fx II such a great product!

I bought my Axe-Fx II Mark I in March 2012 with Firmware 5 and it has evolved into my dream rig. I really noticed how much it's progressed after playing a show recently with one of my old bands that I hadn't played with in over a year and a half. I used to think the other guitarists tube amp sounded amazing but the Axe-Fx II has surpassed it in both sound and feel.

My original rig was a Mesa Boogie TriAxis Preamp & Stereo Simul-Class 2:Ninety (290) poweramp, BOSS GT-PRO Preamp & FX & BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal, ART PROGATE 8 Channel Noise Gate, Furman PL-PLUS Series II Power Conditioner, SKB 1SKB19-6U ATA 6 Space Rack, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller and a Marshall 1960AV 4x12 Stereo Speaker Cab.

My current rig weighs less than half the weight of my original rig and sounds exponentially better! It consists of an Axe-Fx II Mark I Firmware 17.04, Furman PL-PLUS Series II Power Conditioner, Anvil Forge II 4 Space Rack, 2x Yamaha DXR12 FRFR Powered Speakers in Stereo and FAMC LF+ PRO+ MIDI Foot Controller.

Once I switched to FRFR speakers and used IR's it doubled the potential of the Axe-Fx II and gave me ridiculous amounts of tonal possibilities. I only use the built in IR's with my presets and have loaded in a few external IR's but have been 100% satisfied with the built in ones.

I don't have any shows scheduled for a bit, so I'm going to upgrade from Firmware 17.04 to 19 this weekend.

Thanks again Cliff and FAS Team!

Top Bottom