Texas Flood! my lifetime-wanted tone! [EDITED:new demo up]

Sinfonicom

Hi everyone from Spain, this is my first post on this forum.

I bought an Standar a few weeks ago and one of the most important reasons to do that was the virtual posibility of sounding like SRV.

I´ll work on that issue. My first point of starting has been this one:

http://www.goear.com/listen/c209043/Stevie-la-pequeña-carla

I´ve used red wirez IR´s and the Bassman sim, obviously.

I hope you like it.

EDITED:

I´ve been working on some few modifications of the patch.

I think that maybe I´m pretty much near of the original version but there are some aspects that I don´t know to resolve.

I´m using an Strat with 0.10 strings, so in this new demo you can feel that tone is cooler on lower strings, but it doesn´t sounds so well on higher strings. I´ll work on it.

I´ve used the same AC30 cab, but I´ve added an stereo ambient IR from red wirez

Here´s the demo:

http://www.goear.com/listen/41b167d/Stevie-2-la-pequeña-carla

Sorry for my improvisation but I´m a bit tired.

What do you think about?

Re: Texas Flood!!! my lifetime-wanted tone!!

Very good emulation. Just about nailed it, I'd say. :cool:

I think that's probably the best SRV tone I've heard from the Axe-FX. Nice work! What IR are you using in that clip?

D

Well played and great sound!
What pickups do you use, and what positions do you use (neck=5, 4, mid=3, 2, 1=bridge) ?

Holy moly - that was exceptionally dead nuts ON. :shock: :cool:

What Red Wirez cab IR's are you using?

+1 awsome tone great playing, i hope you share the patch on this one.

senseix said:
+1 awsome tone great playing, i hope you share the patch on this one.
1+ the 1+ , great tone and feel- patch please :D

Cheers,
Joel

Thank you so much!!!

It´s a pleasure to me can reading your posts. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

When I maked the patch I was really excited and satisfied with it. But next day I compared my demo with the original track and there wasn´t as seemed as I thought. So I´ll work on it, I thik that I can change some parameters to get a more similar tone.

My guitar it´s not special. Fender Strat American Standar with the standar pickups.

The cab used is an AC30 with an C414, 3 inches of cap edge.

I really want to share the patch but a have not idea to do it. How must I do¿?

Thanks again, I hope to upload a new demo of this tone with a few modifications on this weekend.

Gracias!!

A bassman and an AC30 cab :shock: I would have never started with that, but you made it work beautifully.

I messed with SRV sounds some yesterday myself but couldn't get what I was looking for. If I ever get close to his tone on his last ACL performance, I will be a very happy man. I didn't get anywhere near as close to what I was looking for as you did.

Great job!
D

WOW! :eek:

I am giving you a standing ovation for that one.

Standing-Ovation_Night3.jpg

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The AC30 cab gives a smooth mid-tone that i like a lot, I use it for all kind of tones. Next demo i´ll try with a fender cab

Sinfonicom said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The AC30 cab gives a smooth mid-tone that i like a lot, I use it for all kind of tones. Next demo i´ll try with a fender cab

Dude, you totally made it work! I thought you nailed it, so I wouldn't change it much unless you just want to. I was just saying I found it interesting that you started with a Bassman and an AC30 cab because he didn't use either of those for most of his career. It doesn't matter that he didn't use them, because you nailed the tone with what you used.

He didn't use Fender cabs either generally. If he did, they were loaded with EVM12Ls. He was a huge fan of those speakers as well as an 8x10 Marshall cab but I'm not sure what 10s were in that.

He did use Bassmans a little right before he died.

D

Back
Top Bottom