Tempted to go for a CFR12 to join my GT800fx, BUT...

pffrt, I find it hard to put down so much cash for a 1x12 cab... They are asking to much for a passive wedge I think. What do you guys think ?

I've got two of these babies, they are nifty little beasts. I had my AF2/Matrix setup at the Great British Guitar Show and was asked to turn it down a couple of times, they can throw out a lot of sound. One of the guys on the stand was playing my rig, and I went for a wander (to see if there was any gear that I didn't know I needed ;) ) and it was ringing around the hall.

I'm not going to bring out the tech spec, life is too short, but the first 1x12 cab I has was in a 12w Marshall transistor amp: Do not mistake these for the same thing. These CFR12s are a good thing.

Give them a try for yourself, you may have fun.

I just got a Matrix NL12 to go with my Matrix GT1000FX . Using it as a guitar cab. No cabinet emulation . Sounds great . Was using an Avatar 1x12 with a V30 in it and a Buzzbomb 2x12 with 2 V30's in it . Both of those sound great also but was looking at the weight savings and the rave reviews and went for it. So far so good...very impressed . Was now looking at a passive Xitone wedge for my patches that would use the Axefx to its fullest with all the IR capabilities . Using KRK Rokit 5's on my desktop and it sounds awesome. Looking to bring those same tones to the gigs when possible . How are you using your Xitone ? Trying to get as much info and experiences as possible before taking the plunge ...Thanks

My Xitone 1x12 wedge was about $439. Great little cab.

a coaxial driver of that quality is expensive... over $500 if memory serves me well. Im sure they get a better price but damn its expensive. That being said I do not know the exact model of the speaker they use.

Silverburst, I was having a think about this, but please may I reframe your original post?

"Tempted to go for a Ferrari 458 Spider, pffrt, I find it hard to put down so much cash for a car with only 2 seats... They are asking to much for a car I think. What do you guys think ?"​

Even looking at the 458 Spider, you know that it's not just a car. Unfortunately , that reasoning never got past my good lady, so I don't have a Ferrari. :(

a coaxial driver of that quality is expensive... over $500 if memory serves me well. Im sure they get a better price but damn its expensive. That being said I do not know the exact model of the speaker they use.

you have all kinds of price ranges for coaxial 12" speakers... 80- 200 -300...

I just bought two Q12's a couple weeks ago (the Q12 suited my situation better than the wedge-shaped CFR12's, but I was considering both seriously). Financially, it was a stretch for me, but I have zero buyer's remorse.

These things sound amazing paired with my GT1000FX, and Matrix's customer service was stellar. A rep exchanged several emails with me before I placed my order, answering all my questions and just chatting about music and tone in general.

Oh, and then shipping from the UK to Arizona was only 3 days. Matrix is fast... like... Amazon fast!

I just bought two Q12's a couple weeks ago (the Q12 suited my situation better than the wedge-shaped CFR12's, but I was considering both seriously). Financially, it was a stretch for me, but I have zero buyer's remorse.

These things sound amazing paired with my GT1000FX, and Matrix's customer service was stellar. A rep exchanged several emails with me before I placed my order, answering all my questions and just chatting about music and tone in general.

Oh, and then shipping from the UK to Arizona was only 3 days. Matrix is fast... like... Amazon fast!

That will have been me! Glad I helped out and pleased the Q12s are doing the business. If you need anything else, you know where we are and don't be afraid to ask, no matter how trivial.

If you look closely at the CLR cab's, they are very different build contrary to a usual coax-cab with six sides and a 300 mm. hole with a dual-contric driver.

The 12" woofer is placed behind a squared, deep, baffle, giving place for a 1" hornloaded driver, "floating" on four posts. I see no vents, meaning that the 12" woofer works as a rather perfect time-aligned tweeter infront of a woofer with a Q around 0.5 ... perfect for dynamics in the cricital guitar range.

I havent heard a CLR - but the more I see pictures, the more all the fab. reviews makes sense. It's not cheap - but it's not cheap to build.

If you look closely at the CLR cab's, they are very different build contrary to a usual coax-cab with six sides and a 300 mm. hole with a dual-contric driver.

The 12" woofer is placed behind a squared, deep, baffle, giving place for a 1" hornloaded driver, "floating" on four posts. I see no vents, meaning that the 12" woofer works as a rather perfect time-aligned tweeter infront of a woofer with a Q around 0.5 ... perfect for dynamics in the cricital guitar range.

I havent heard a CLR - but the more I see pictures, the more all the fab. reviews makes sense. It's not cheap - but it's not cheap to build.

Are you reffering to CLR ro CFR? This is about Matrix CFR (the wedge) ;)

Back
Top Bottom