Temple Duo 24 with no screws?

Valgua

Inspired
Hi!

Has anybody tested to put the FM9 on the Temple Duo 24 (or 34) without fastening it? Does it stay on and reasonably stable due to the unit's weight or does it slip? I ask as I think that the Temple Duo looks elegant with the FM9, however I am going to use the FM9 at home most of the time and I would like to avoid the hassle of screwing it on the pedalboard if possible. My question is essentially if the attrition between the unit and the board is enough to keep the FM9 in place.

With my FM3 and FC6 I took the outer plastic brackets off and just used dual lock. Works like a charm. That's what I'll do with my FM9 as well.

If you don’t attach the FM9 to the pedalboard, why have a pedalboard at all?
Good question! I just want something to elevate the Fm9 above ground, as I have a soft carpet. I also like the fact that the pedalboard is slightly inclined.

Good question! I just want something to elevate the Fm9 above ground, as I have a soft carpet. I also like the fact that the pedalboard is slightly inclined.
That’s a reason to have a pedalboard, but it’s not a reason not to attach it. ;)

That’s a reason to have a pedalboard, but it’s not a reason not to attach it. ;)
My reason for not attaching it is that I would like to be able to move it between desk and floor without too much hassle.

Hey dude. I have a Trio 28 with FM9. I took the screws out of the caps in the bottom and screwed it right back to the temple. The holes line up perfect. I did buy new longer screws and a washer, but I read the original screws will work and seem to engage enough enough to not seem suspect.

Hey dude. I have a Trio 28 with FM9. I took the screws out of the caps in the bottom and screwed it right back to the temple. The holes line up perfect. I did buy new longer screws and a washer, but I read the original screws will work and seem to engage enough enough to not seem suspect.
I think you missed the point... He doesn't want to attach the unit to the board ;)

Has anybody tested to put the FM9 on the Temple Duo 24 (or 34) without fastening it? Does it stay on and reasonably stable due to the unit's weight or does it slip? I ask as I think that the Temple Duo looks elegant with the FM9, however I am going to use the FM9 at home most of the time and I would like to avoid the hassle of screwing it on the pedalboard if possible. My question is essentially if the attrition between the unit and the board is enough to keep the FM9 in place.
"attrition"? friction?

I have that combination beside me right now and I like the height and angle. The FM9 will slide around a bit unless you attach it to the board.
My reason for not attaching it is that I would like to be able to move it between desk and floor without too much hassle.
I'm not sure what advantage having it on the desk has over leaving it on the floor and using the Edit app.

You could perhaps use the Temple plates those unlock easily. And you can remove the board
I am guessing you don’t want a built in power supply in the Temple ?

I'd say outside of Randalljax excellent suggestion, the obvious next thing would be large rubber band, zip ties, or some kind of package strapping possibly but I'd bet that would introduce paint rash on the unit. If your handy then some kind of metal strap quick lock and release thing that grabs the corners and is padded.

I myself use machine screws on my Temple 24" along with 2 EV1s and a Ferman ac215a under the board.

If you just want to permanently mount it without any screws I'd recommend JB weld. ;)

If it's always going to stay home, and you're not playing out or otherwise being hard on it, just attach your FM9 to the pedalboard with a couple of small pieces of Velcro. It'll be a simple matter to rip it off the board and set it on your desk.

Simple solution would be to mount a small ledge on your board, for example from aluminum angle bar. You could even set up 3 pieces in U-shape to ensure the FM9 cannot move sideways.

You could perhaps use the Temple plates those unlock easily. And you can remove the board
I am guessing you don’t want a built in power supply in the Temple ?
My experience with their plates was “sub-optimal”. The gap between the bottom of the modeler and the top of the plate is just enough that the plate will lose its grip eventually.

The best solution I found is to use the screws to attach it. You can remove the factory screws, position the modeler where you want on the board, feed the replacement screws through and tighten them down. You might want washers but I didn’t use them and the screw heads were big enough to not slip through the holes.

FAS confirmed that the thread on the screws was correct and that particular length was ok, somewhere way back when.

My experience with their plates was “sub-optimal”. The gap between the bottom of the modeler and the top of the plate is just enough that the plate will lose its grip eventually.

I used the perspex spacer bits that @ZenRigs Man sells to attach the plates to the bottom of my stuff. A plate at each corner, and on the FM9, a pair in the middle for extra support. Cleaned all the bits with alcohol prep pads before sticking the tape. Grip is not an issue here. :)

The best solution I found is to use the screws to attach it. You can remove the factory screws, position the modeler where you want on the board, feed the replacement screws through and tighten them down. You might want washers but I didn’t use them and the screw heads were big enough to not slip through the holes.

FAS confirmed that the thread on the screws was correct and that particular length was ok, somewhere way back when.

Slightly longer screws than the originals should give a bit of insurance against a screw loosening a bit and losing hold of the threads, and a washer to spread the gripping pressure is nearly always a good thing....

It works perfectly with Pedalboard tape/Dual Lock - it just sits proud of the rubber feet of the bumper. I prefer the former as the adhesive is stronger but either works. I have mine on a Duo 24 with a Mission SP-1 but had to remove the handles. If you plan on doing that, then apply a strip of tape on the rubber bumper, between the raised parts, which will sit on the metal edge where the handle was. You can then put two layers of tape under the rubber feet and it'll sit level. Just be careful where you put tape on the SP-1 if you wanna put that on there too and it'll fill the Duo 24 perfectly.

Obviously if you're just mounting the FM9 (not sure why you would if you're not using anything else with it..?) then two strips in the recessed parts of the bumpers will do it.

Back
Top Bottom