Temple Audio Duo 34 Flight Case

GuitarMyke

Hi Everyone,

I thinking about getting the Temple Audio Duo 34 Flight Case and I'm wondering if having the FM9 & EV-1 will fit in the flight case with the lid closed. Does anyone know if this will work?

Sorry if it's been asked.

Thanks in advance.

Myke

I had the exact same same question and the guys at Temple Audio said it should fit with no issues. There is a guy on one of the fractal FB forums and he has one and says it does fit. I couldn't get one over here in the UK as they were out of stock and I had to order one. So I decided to get one made from NSP cases. It was a little cheaper than the Temple version but that's only because it's imported over.

I'm still waiting for it to be made but the only differences is there would be no foam cut out which I'm not really bothered about.

Managed to find a pic from the FB page.

431403513_10225308971217550_1156641142245481073_n.jpg

I had the exact same same question and the guys at Temple Audio said it should fit with no issues. There is a guy on one of the fractal FB forums and he has one and says it does fit. I couldn't get one over here in the UK as they were out of stock and I had to order one. So I decided to get one made from NSP cases. It was a little cheaper than the Temple version but that's only because it's imported over.

I'm still waiting for it to be made but the only differences is there would be no foam cut out which I'm not really bothered about.

View attachment 138392

Thanks. Looks nice. I should have mentioned that I have the Temple Audio 34 Pedalboard too. It looks like from your pic that this is the same setup I have. I mainly want to get the Temple flight case because of the wheels. The soft case version works well. It's just I'm getting old. Haha.

Thanks. Looks nice. I should have mentioned that I have the Temple Audio 34 Pedalboard too. It looks like from your pic that this is the same setup I have. I mainly want to get the Temple flight case because of the wheels. The soft case version works well. It's just I'm getting old. Haha.
No worries, you're welcome. Yeah me too! I had my eye on either a Pelican or Nanuk case but their wasn't enough depth in the ones I was looking at so I ended up getting one made similar to the Temple one with wheels on also. Got mine made in an all black finish. Should be ready in a couple of weeks hopefully.

That’s my pic!

I now use an FM9 on the DU0 34 with EV-1 in the flight case. Love it! Been gigging it for the last month with no issues. The wheels are a huge plus.

I will say, the foam on the top does contact the wheel on the top of the FM9 when closing the case. Hasn’t caused any issues to date. You could cut out the foam for the wheel to fit, pull the wheel off when in the case, or remove some of the thick foam from the bottom of the case so the pedalboard drops down a bit further. Hasn’t bothered me enough to do any of this.

Ask me any questions you might have. Happy to help.

I’ll post some updated pics shortly.

View attachment 138392

That’s my pic!

I now use an FM9 on the DU0 34 with EV-1 in the flight case. Love it! Been gigging it for the last month with no issues. The wheels are a huge plus.

I will say, the foam on the top does contact the wheel on the top of the FM9 when closing the case. Hasn’t caused any issues to date. You could cut out the foam for the wheel to fit, pull the wheel off when in the case, or remove some of the thick foam from the bottom of the case so the pedalboard drops down a bit further. Hasn’t bothered me enough to do any of this.

Ask me any questions you might have. Happy to help.

I’ll post some updated pics shortly.
Nice one! I meant to reach out and ask the exact same question but as there wasn't any in stock over here in the UK and I'm getting one manufactured I didn't see much point. Nice to know it does fit though thanks for the reply!

Updated pics. I’m running the Temple Audio IEC power mod. Also ordered the Temple Audio punch plates to run my stereo XLRs out of the same side as the power.

You can see in one of the pics how close the top foam comes to the wheel when the lid is closed. Again, no problems to date.

It’s so convenient to pull everything out of the case on one pedalboard, plug in your power and XLRs and start rocking out!

We just played a popular location at the beach, hence the dirt. I guess I should clean this thing up!

Attachments

• IMG_3997.jpeg
    IMG_3997.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4002.jpeg
    IMG_4002.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3999.jpeg
    IMG_3999.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Updated pics. I’m running the Temple Audio IEC power mod. Also ordered the Temple Audio punch plates to run my stereo XLRs out of the same side as the power.

You can see in one of the pics how close the top foam comes to the wheel when the lid is closed. Again, no problems to date.

It’s so convenient to pull everything out of the case on one pedalboard, plug in your power and XLRs and start rocking out!

We just played a popular location at the beach, hence the dirt. I guess I should clean this thing up!

Nice setup bro! Quick question about the IEC …

Did you have to cut the plug, fit the wire through the pedalboard hole then re-solder it back together?

Great question. I thought I was going to have to do that. Here’s what I did instead. I bought an IEC splitter so I could also get conventional power to my power brick along with power to my FM9.

I then took my dremel and shaved a little off the sides of the IEC plug going to the FM9 so it just fit through the hole in the pedalboard.

Attachments

• IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 11
Did you have to cut the plug, fit the wire through the pedalboard hole then re-solder it back together?
Temple Audio told me that some people just take apart the housing, feed the cable through then reassemble it. I'd cut the cable, fit it through and resoldered it like you said, and when they told me that it was one of those "DOH!" moments.

Ha! I wish they would have made the oval slots a big larger. I have a pair of XLRs to feed through to run to the punch plate mod on the same side as the power.

I have a few of these laying around.

Temple Audio told me that some people just take apart the housing, feed the cable through then reassemble it. I'd cut the cable, fit it through and resoldered it like you said, and when they told me that it was one of those "DOH!" moments.

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpeg
    IMG_4007.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 6
This looks really nice. Awesome job. Would you be able to post pics of the side of the pedalboard where the mods are?
Thanks appreciate it! Sure no worries at all. I have a powercon module on the left side and then all the others are chassis tails that have been made up for me.IMG_0144.jpegIMG_0145.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom