Tele sound has what sounds like digital distortion

toddthm9872

My telecaster has a thin sound and has what sounds like digital distortion but when I switch to my Ernie ball axis, with humbucker, it sounds fine. Any ideas of what's wrong? I'm on axe fxII with most recent software.

no idea what's wrong without an audio clip or video. uploading the preset where this happens would help us answer you even better!

no idea what's wrong without an audio clip or video. uploading the preset where this happens would help us answer you even better!

It happens on almost ALL presets, but less noticeable on more heavily distorted, heavy drive, probably just blending in. Also, compression seems to help. It is most noticeable on clean, or slight/medium breakup/distortion. I will upload clip later but I'm out of town and can't right now. Any other suggestions for me to try? Thanks for help.

make sure it isn't the noise gate. The tele likely has a weaker signal and may be triggering the noise gate differently. Turn the noise gate off, see if it still happens.

A thing I have noticed using the axe fx is, that even though the sound is dang near close to my tube amps, fret buzzing shines through more on the axe-fx, even on high gain presets. Can this be the case?

Is it apparent if you play a single note? Much worse if you play a double stop? I had very similar symptoms on one guitar and it was intonation in the end.

Back
Top Bottom