Tech questions for Axe FX II

Guitarist

Just ordered a used one and I'm curious about what cables I might need to connect the Axe FX to my computer for direct recording in my DAW. I know this is a nooby question, but I'd like to try and make sure I have all the related material needed for actually getting sounds out of it when it arrives here. This is my first time owning a physical piece of equipment (which is ironically mostly digital); prior to this point I've utilized software sims. Any specific information would be appreciated as I don't believe the one I ordered will have a manual with it. Thanks!

EDIT: Axe FX Mark II / not XL.

What is your current audio interface? Or will you be using the AxeFx as your audio interface/soundcard?

You can record direct to your DAW with just a standard USB cable if your using the AxeFx as your audio interface/soundcard.

I use a Roland Octacapture as my audio interface, and since that is my main interface/soundcard, I run my AxeFx into the Octacapture using a SPDIF cable. Alternatively, I could also run my AxeFx into my interface with an XLR (microphone) cable.

Thanks - being that simple is awesome. I'll be using the Axe FX as my audio interface for now, thanks both of you.

It's the same kind of USB cable you use to connect a printer. Don't go nuts and spend a lot of money on it either (but don't buy a piece of junk cable that will break).

There have been problems reported when connecting the Axe-FX II via a USB hub so try and use a port on the computer/laptop rather than going via a hub.

Back
Top Bottom