TC1210 > Haas effect

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
This looks very promising in the release notes..the `Haas` effect of the legendary TC1210 .........anybody owns a TC1210 and can reproduce it with the Axe 2......???

I know some people had a `Tri Chorus` preset but that never really sounded that close to the real one IMHO....so hopeully someone can do the TC1210....

Anand

The Haas effect is merely delay one side of the signal minutely to create space and depth. I like in between 10-20ms. You can phase reverse on side for an even greater effect.

The Axefx-2 had this until a couple firmwares back until it was replaced by the new enhancer. It returns in this version as classic type enhancer. You could do this with a delay block but you don't get the granularity needed to hit all the sweet spots.

You could do this with a delay block but you don't get the granularity needed to hit all the sweet spots.

There is one way which I'm guessing works based on the Ultra being able to get sub-ms increments this way:

Assign any source as time modifier with min-max at something like 0-20 ms (or just below/above a known target time), then set start/mid/end to keep the dot at one Y value.

There is one way which I'm guessing works based on the Ultra being able to get sub-ms increments this way:

Assign any source as time modifier with min-max at something like 0-20 ms (or just below/above a known target time), then set start/mid/end to keep the dot at one Y value.
Thanks, that concept can come in handy for a number of things.

Actually the Haas effect is not an effect in the meaning of a flanger effect, phaser effect, etc.

It's a psychoacoustic effect in scientific sense which (I guess) was first discovered and described by a certain Mr. Haas.
Irrelevant of any magic FX boxes :)

The Haas effect of TC1210 is at 4 ms and you use the pitching of the flanger to make the sound twist a little bit inside the cabinet so it sounds fuller.. I miss my TC1210... and Egnater ie4... but i will try to make the sound of TC1210 soon on my axe 2..

I've never heard the TC1210 in person, and have never seen a good explanation as to what it does. Most descriptions use pretty nebulous terms - fireheart82's description is probably the best I've heard. Can anyone describe it in a bit more detail?

tc1210

Here im working on my old rig sound. TC1210 after amp before cab/power amp. You adjust the ratio where it stands 44,9% to move the sound in and out of the cabinet. Petrucci and all others had 3,8 ms ....

Attachments

• Egnater IE4 TC1210 VHT2502 Rig.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom