TC 1210 Challenge

His LFO ligths are working in this video. Granted, it's 2 years newer so he might have fixed them. I seem to remember this guy having to spend a lot of money on fixing old rack gear from reading old forum posts of his.

TC1210 starts at 0:35 s.

Right, listening that entire video in the original post, it is clear that he is not using the settings that are being played and has additional effects. Listen to the sanatorium section and look at the settings. Even in the first part when he is hitting harmonic the are panning to the left and right. So what we are hearing is a combination of settings and effects. The video was probably made after.

His LFO ligths are working in this video. Granted, it's 2 years newer so he might have fixed them. I seem to remember this guy having to spend a lot of money on fixing old rack gear from reading old forum posts of his.

TC1210 starts at 0:35 s.

Tell me about it. I'm going through some of that now. Space echo with issues, h8000fw dead the eventide says they no longer have parts to fix, moutron biphase with one side that won't engage. MP2 with its typical aging issues, The TC 1210 and 2290 have been rock solid though. The video you linked video to precisely what I'd expect to hear from the tc1210. That direct guitar though... ear piercing.

The depth control (the width knob) has a greater range than the actual unit. So to get it to sound like the unit with width set to 5, you might have to set it to 3.5 on the plugin. Once you get that dialled in, the difference is subtle between the unit and plugin IMHO.
How would you suggest getting those settings from the video in the plugin?

I would say this is right up @2112 LT's alley, search Leon Todd. He does so much with delays and such.
He is here on the forum and has a great YT channel as well as a presence on G66.

Tell me about it. I'm going through some of that now. Space echo with issues, h8000fw dead the eventide says they no longer have parts to fix, moutron biphase with one side that won't engage. MP2 with its typical aging issues, The TC 1210 and 2290 have been rock solid though. The video you linked video to precisely what I'd expect to hear from the tc1210. That direct guitar though... ear piercing.
The tone might suck, but it's awesome when trying to dial in the chorus in the Axe to match. That particular clip is probably the best representation of what the TC1210 actually sounds like IMHO.
How would you suggest getting those settings from the video in the plugin?
It's been a while since I had the plugin, but speed 0.5 Hz, width 3.5-ish, delay at max. Chorus mode, LxR off, spread at 0. Basically what he is using on the unit in his clips, but width about 30 % lower.

Yea - all the older rack mount gear getting harder to service. Had my 2290 serviced near start of pandemic and still had issues when I got it back - need to send out again. The tech who worked on mine recommended putting the older TC and Eventide gear on a variac and slowly bringing them up to full volatge - his thought was the start up surge is too much for the older parts to handle leading to failure. Haven't tried it myslef - but he thought it helped especially for older units that haven't been powered up for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom