Taurus & Intro

ntotoro

Hi, everyone...

FM9 is arriving tomorrow... first Fractal product and am very excited about it. One of the presets I've noticed it supposed to be a Taurus type sound type thing. So, question... can you set up the Taurus preset to be controlled with a set up octave midi pedals rather than just being synthesized from guitar.

Someone from 1974 wants to ask me... ;)

So, question... can you set up the Taurus preset to be controlled with a set up octave midi pedals rather than just being synthesized from guitar.
No. The Fractal family of products do not currently take MIDI note inputs and convert those into tones. You have to play this one with something that generates an analog note signal.

Like a guitar... :D

Thanks!
Hi, everyone...

FM9 is arriving tomorrow... first Fractal product and am very excited about it. One of the presets I've noticed it supposed to be a Taurus type sound type thing. So, question... can you set up the Taurus preset to be controlled with a set up octave midi pedals rather than just being synthesized from guitar.

Someone from 1974 wants to ask me... ;)
1974 is a great year… I don’t know anyone from that year though 😉

No. The Fractal family of products do not currently take MIDI note inputs and convert those into tones. You have to play this one with something that generates an analog note signal.
Could you not use modifiers via midi to control the Synth frequency (with Tracking set to OFF).

It wouldn't be controlled by midi note values but the result should be the same...

I seem to recall somebody here that did this before.

Could you not use modifiers via midi to control the Synth frequency (with Tracking set to OFF).

It wouldn't be controlled by midi note values but the result should be the same...

I seem to recall somebody here that did this before.
Yes, but I think you need to send CCs, not MIDI notes.

Yes, but I think you need to send CCs, not MIDI notes.
Yeah, exactly. Probably the same CC with different values for each note (frequency).

Not sure with only 128 midi CC values that you could get precise enough to have a full octave of notes with the specific frequencies.

If you only need a specific diatonic key then maybe using Scene Controllers with each note assigned in a different scene.

Edit:

There's an Axe Fx III thread about this here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/taurus-pedals-patch-is-it-possible.157872/

Last edited:
Also, you could probably use a midi "transformer" device to convert midi notes to CC values to achieve that assuming you have actual Taurus pedals.

The Expression IO from AudioFront has a transformer although I don't know if it supports that specific use case or not - I haven't needed the transform function yet.

It also has other great uses for adding expression pedals and/or switches.

Back
Top Bottom