Tap Tempo inop

Skeets63

I've read the instructions, I've researched this online and can't seem to find the solution. I know it must be something simple that I'm overlooking but I can't find it. I cannot change the temp from my preset. It stays 250 bpm. I've tried switching between preset and global, I've tried to manually change the tempo, I've made sure the delay was set to 1/8 dotted, I've changed from average to 2, and nothing seems to allow me to use the tap tempo switch on my AxeFX 3 or on the FC-12. Pulling what's left of my hair out. Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks

What are you using to try and tap the tempo? FC-12 (or 6), external switch, front panel tempo button?

I've read the instructions, I've researched this online and can't seem to find the solution. I know it must be something simple that I'm overlooking but I can't find it. I cannot change the temp from my preset. It stays 250 bpm. I've tried switching between preset and global, I've tried to manually change the tempo, I've made sure the delay was set to 1/8 dotted, I've changed from average to 2, and nothing seems to allow me to use the tap tempo switch on my AxeFX 3 or on the FC-12. Pulling what's left of my hair out. Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks
Anything connected to USB or MIDI what sends tempo information?

You have an FC12 switch assigned to do that?

If so and it's not working, start by removing any other assignments to that switch, once you get it working you can see if you can put them back.

Also maybe try assigning something simple to that switch instead, like bypass of some block, just to make sure the switch itself is working.

Ok, this is seriously driving me BSC! Nothing is assigned to it in midi. Whether I'm using the FC12 or if I just use the head unit, if I click on BPM in Axe Edit, it says 250, I can type 120 and it immediately reverts back to 250. I've tried deleting the settings on the switch on the FC12, I've tried changing switches. I've moved the tap tempo from 2 taps to average. I cannot get this to move from 250 BPM. Any other ideas???

Does this happen only on one preset? Might be corrupt or somehow a modifier is attached to the tempo control (even though it shouldn't be possible on that parameter it might happen if that preset was converted or edited with 3rd party tools)

Does this happen only on one preset? Might be corrupt or somehow a modifier is attached to the tempo control (even though it shouldn't be possible on that parameter it might happen if that preset was converted or edited with 3rd party tools)
I guess I should say that this is a completely clean build. I did a complete reset and software update on both units. This preset was built from scratch. I just built another one yesterday with the same results. Cannot change tempo.

Sounds like the Tempo button on the front panel is stuck in. Try wiggling it around.

Back
Top Bottom