Talk me though a 2 Octave Pitch Shift - and Whammy pedal setting please?

Dealmaker

Inspired
Guys,

Hope someone can help. Not using Axe Edit and still quite new to the front screen - and indeed the Axe itself.

I want to set up a straight forward Pitch Shift - (for U2 songs) - with a +2 Octave Pitch shift higher - and with 100% mix - so you only hear the shifted notes......I then want to put this into an existing preset (013/014 USA Lead) - but that already has all the slots taken - do I need to take out 1 effect and replace it with the Pitch Shift ?? If not how can I activate the pitch shift inside this preset ?? (or do I need to find a different preset to use?)

Also - how do I get a Digitech Whammy Pedal type of set up using my Expression pedal ??? any ideas what I sues for that??

Many thanks!

You can add a SEND on your main line and a RETURN on the adjoining one to add block space.

You assign the shifting feature EXT 2 most likely, HOWEVER does this preset have a WAH using that already?

if there's a block you're not using, then take it out and drop the pitch shifter in. you'll need to position it before the amp. in fact, if you're using a preset, shunt all the blocks you're not using

select the whammy type and set the mode to "up 2 octaves"

connect the "control" parameter to "external 1" and at the same time, set off val to 5%, auto engage to fast and pc reset to on

set mix to 100%

if your expression pedal is connected to your midi pedalboard, then the setup will be different than if it's connected directly to the back of the axe

either way, you need to tell the axe what external 1 is going to be out in the real world, so go to I/O > ctrl and look for and select "external 1"

if your pedal is connected to the back of the axe, then select "pedal" and make sure you calibrate it in I/O > pedal

if you pedal is connected to your midi board, then press "enter" so the axe says "learning" and waggle the pedal

hope that helps

if you are running out of blocks, but have CPU power left still, you can move half of your blocks down, the insert a feedback send on the top row, feedback return on the row the remaining blocks are and then set send to 100% and return to 100%. That should allow you to have more blocks in a line. You would want to make sure your blocks are all ending on the correct output (whichever your main output is, 1/2 or 3/40 you can also set the axe to mirror outputs 1/2 to 3/4.

Back
Top Bottom