Talk me off the ledge guys...

OKay, so after 10 minutes of tweaking I literally take back EVERYTHING in my OP.

Things I tweaked...

Input Trim up from 1.000 to 1.700
Pres/Depth set to Active now
Pwr Tube Bias down to .205
Spkr Hi Freq up to 4k from 2k (spkr tab in amp block)
Dynamics up to 75% from 25%
Grid Modeling Off (very small difference)

After 20 minutes of adjusting 6 parameters The Axe II sounds like a guitar with new strings (I actually have brand new strings) and the Ultra sounds like month old strings. The Ultra still sounds awesome, but I have officially stepped down from the ledge. I panicked and I apologize. Hopefully my tips will help all others.

Thanks for the tip as a Mark 4 is one I am after

OKay, so after 10 minutes of tweaking I literally take back EVERYTHING in my OP.

Things I tweaked...

After 20 minutes of adjusting 6 parameters The Axe II sounds like a guitar with new strings (I actually have brand new strings) and the Ultra sounds like month old strings. The Ultra still sounds awesome, but I have officially stepped down from the ledge. I panicked and I apologize. Hopefully my tips will help all others.
I really appreciate your sharing your tweeks. I'm taking these home and trying them. Thanks!

Er, Gosh, I now have a new firmware to take home too.... What to do, what to do.... Anyway shotgun, your descriptions re this particular amp model are helping, - its one amp I found particularly difficult to adjust on the II because of what's going on between the mids and highs. Just a little weird.

One thing I hafta say, is when I get into these editing explorations, not having strings that are 10 hours old or younger, makes it that much more confusing after putting on a new set. I find with the realism of the Axe II, the very top of a distorted tone to be more pleasing and tolerable with newer strings, like there's more movement in the harmonics.

Last edited:
Hmm. Well sorry to despair earlier in this thread. After installing firmware 5.04b it seems that the high end issues I was having are resolved. Can't wait to try this at band practice this week!

Things I tweaked...

Are you talking about the USA Clean1 amp? Do you have a sysex effect block for this setting? And what cab do you use?

Are you talking about the USA Clean1 amp? Do you have a sysex effect block for this setting? And what cab do you use?

I'm using the 4x12 German... I think. I'll post a preset later. I am using the USA lead 2. MKIV amp sim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom