Talk Box Preset

Anybody have a talk box aka Man in the Box preset worked up yet?

Might be able to whip something up tonight. I would need to check the AFXII factory preset to evaluate how the FAS-gods made that. I know there's a Formant block in the AX8 so I'll see where that goes.

This the frog filter preset from the other thread with a few adjustments.

I don't know how to play the song but the second time the riff starts I kick in the pitch shifter.

You can vary your picking strength to greatly alter the sound of the filters for a better vocal like sound.

Attachments

• Frog in the Box v2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 191
The preset I've posted doesn't use the formant filter which may get you closer the man in the box sound.

This the frog filter preset from the other thread with a few adjustments.

I don't know how to play the song but the second time the riff starts I kick in the pitch shifter.

You can vary your picking strength to greatly alter the sound of the filters for a better vocal like sound.

thanks neo that'll get me started

How about a scorpions Zoo talk box? Supposed to be gearing up to play it at my next show and just starting to think about what to do for the leads.

Now we are on the talk box - Any tips on getting Living on a Prayer?
Here is the one I use in my band (first song in the video clip below. Sounds really good, I am using the formant block and it definitely took some tweaking

Now we are on the talk box - Any tips on getting Living on a Prayer?

Attachments

• Living on a Prayer.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 260
Hey - that is really cool. I Will check it out in the weekend. Right now I am swamped getting ready for Friday nights gig (and work and family including a two-year old who's ill)

Hey - finally got around to testing this today - Works quite well - I lowered the bass and the gain of the amp to suit my guitar, and I switched the LFO speed to be controlled by my expression pedal, so I can have longer sweeps during the held chords and shorter sweeps during the riffs.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom