Taking the final plunge.

I recently sold my last tube-based amp, so I'm finally free. Don't miss those heavy rascals one bit. They did what they were supposed to do most of the time and I'm not sorry I had any of them, but kinda like old Western Electric rotary dial phones, they're just not useful/practical any more.

I could/should sell some amps and guitars but I wouldn't get rid of everything. Some gear definitely has sentimental/historical value to me and I would hate to be lowballed in this current market. Some pieces I intend to proudly own, like trophies, until the day I die.

I am holding onto a boat anchor as well for sentimental reasons.... but my sentiment has about run its course. It will be up for sale soon. It hasn't been turned on in almost a year.

I have a Vox Ac30 last of the batch made in the U.K with blue speakers and a JTM45 I had point to point wired with all the best resistors etc, never use either of them now. Paid a lot for them and would never get my money back. I'll hang on to them for nostalgia I guess.

I started off with a used Marshall JCM 800 halfstack in 1991. That was my first pro amp purchase. Sold it to fund a brand new block letter 5150 halfstack when they first came out around 92. Used it till 2009 when I bought an EVH 5153 halfstack then bought another to run stereo then bought the Stealth version to run a W/D/W setup. But I'm still using the 5153 it's just inside a Fractal unit. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom