Taking a leap of faith

So I have always been a 'tube' guy. I've dabbled with digital on and off and it's always taken minimal time to decide it's not for me. I've owned Fenders and Boogies mainly although I've played others too. Between various amp channels and the several $k I had laying on the floor in front of me I've usually been able to get a pretty good tone. That being said I remember drooling over the AXE FX standard when it first came out but thinking it must be being hyped up. Well I now have a daughter whose about to turn one and gone are the days of being able to crank a 100w tube amp. Other than the very rare times when I have the house to myself and the time to play, my amps and pedalboard sit collecting dust 99% of the time. Most of my playing is in my small home studio recording or noodling around. Occasionally I'll head over a friends to lay down some tracks on things he's working on. So about 2 weeks ago I had some form of a break down and decided 'screw it'. After watching as many videos as I could find on the new unit I decided my move was to sell most if not all of my current rig (cash is tight) in favor of blindly moving over to an AXE FX II. I posted gear on reverb and it sold in a couple of days... I was committed. I got very lucky and found a guy selling a new in box XL+ and MFC 101 for a good price and jumped on the opportunity.

I should note that I'm not at all one to post on forums and this is my first post on here. The above was a very long winded way of getting to my point, which is Holy $&*%!!!! I've had my XL+ for just over a week now and although I was initially apprehensive and wondered if I had screwed up colossally when my gear sold. I have to say it is performing beyond what I could have hoped it would. I usually play through cans or a set of monitors but I also picked up a QSC speaker for when I need some volume. I'm still extremely new to it and have barely touched on its capabilities but regardless I'm floored. Thanks to Cliff and his team for creating such a phenomenal product. I think I can safely say you've got a customer for life.

I also found out I'm lucky enough to live 40mins from Plaistow for whenever my next purchase is necessary.

Once again thank you for such an inspirational and well designed product.

Welcome aboard, I remember when I purchased my XL+. I was using a Boggie MKV through a 4x12 and really loved it, had the Axe for a few days and never touched or missed my real amp. Sold the Boogie and pedals and purchased some nice headphones and studio monitors. I sometimes think about getting a tube amp again but have to remind myself that I'll try it out then it'll just sit there gathering dust. :)

Welcome aboard, I remember when I purchased my XL+. I was using a Boggie MKV through a 4x12 and really loved it, had the Axe for a few days and never touched or missed my real amp. Sold the Boogie and pedals and purchased some nice headphones and studio monitors. I sometimes think about getting a tube amp again but have to remind myself that I'll try it out then it'll just sit there gathering dust. :)
I hear you man. I'm certainly in the 'honeymoon phase' but I don't see it ending anytime soon and I can't see any reason to be buying amps again anytime soon either. I'm spreading the word and having as many people as possible try it out.

Huge congrats, and welcome!

Your playback system and the IRs make such a big difference, too.

So, it can be like a honeymoon that never ends. At least any amp G.A.S. can be essentially cured.

Yes like pima1234 siad IRs make such a big difference, Fractal and Ownhammer make some awesome IR packs, thats how im feeding my gear addiction lately lol

If you think the tones are great after a week into owning a Fractal, just wait until after 6 months or so and you will see how much fun you are still having and all the creative things this magic box unlocks.

Back
Top Bottom