Bug? System locking up

Newest / Win7 64 also

Have a rehearsal tonight.. so that's probably an hour or two of playing and about the same of the unit being on while we mix drinks. We'll see how it fares.

Left it on when I went out to dinner. Got back a few hours later and it was locked up. I left it on the tuner, so don't know if that's at all relevant.

Several hours of playing with AE on the whole time. No problems.

One thing: when I first started AE it took about 30 seconds to find the AFX. There was a flashing "check MIDI connection" message (or something similar). Eventually it figured it out. Haven't seen this behavior before.

FWIW - I have NOT seen any issues with the new driver, 10.09 or 10.10 , USB or AE (other than the usual stuff) during beta testing - or with the release versions - on Win8x64, Win7x64, XP64 or XP32.

I did have the Axe lockup *once* during testing - right after loading up 10.10 Beta with the Bot and USB connected - but was unable to duplicate even after leaving it on overnight....

I just had my first lockup ever as well tonight. I was using Fractal-Bot sampling cabs using the front panel. (Win8/64 w/latest fw and drivers).

btw - I reinstalled the latest USB driver last weekend and have not had a lock-up since. I think that when I first installed 167 to my Mac I didn't have the Axe-Fx on. This time I had the Axe-Fx on while I was installing the USB on the Mac. I then did the shut/restart of the Axe-Fx to recognize the new driver.

So far so good.

I have not had a lockup since updating to 10.11. Unless my memory is failing, it seems like the USB buffer level on the status page is hovering at a bit higher level than it was in the previous firmware version. Wonder if some kind of adjustment was done in the code?

Since updating to 10.11, I have changed to a different USB cable and also replaced my computer power supply due to the old one failing. Makes me wonder if the failing power supply was causing problems on the USB connection.

Win 7 64bit
USB driver 167
FW 10.12, v10-all uploaded with F-Bot 1.2.4, system reset done.
AxeFX connected via USB and Output 1.
Not using AE at all.

3 lockups in a short period of time; something like 15, 12, 25 minutes before it happens while playing. Power cycle needed.

Back
Top Bottom