Sysex Select Preset

craigd

I am trying to select a preset using Sysex - mostly for giggles at the moment and I've stumbled across an issue.

From what I can tell from the doco (which I am not 100% sure applies to FM3) I should be sending F0 00 01 74 11 3C 14 00 3C F7 if I want to select preset 20 (as an example)... 0x11 is FM3, function 3C, LSB is 0x14 (20) MSB is 0x00 and checksum equates to 3C.

When I send this nothing happens. So I double checked my logic against another setting (set tempo) which is function 0x14 using the same spreadsheet I developed to make checksums easier. In this case I picked a read-only big number to check the calculations for msb/lsb and got F0 00 01 74 11 14 78 01 79 F7, which worked as expected.

So I'm "reasonably" sure i've got the right series of bytes, , but I suspect that maybe this either isn't supported on the FM3, or it is a different function. Both of these choices seem unusual, but I'm yet to find an authoritative list of SysEx functions that categorically apply to the FM3.

I'm hoping that I've just done something stoopid. I was not able to attach the spreadsheet used to calculate checksums etc as it is blocked by the forum file attachment rules but I can DM it if anyone's interested.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Thanks Iaxu. I've seen that but it is very limited with the listed commands. I'm assuming someone knows, like the guy who wrote fracpad, but that isn't really a good option either if you're driving multiple midi devices in a chain with only a floor device like MC6.

Which leads me to the next logical step.

@AlGrenadine - I purchased FracPad and BT-01, and while I found it worked very well when connected directly to the FM3, my rig has 5 midi devices daisy chained from my MorningstarFx MC6 and I'd like to be able to trigger a range of actions from a single press on the MC6. Do you have an authoritative list of Sysex for the FM3?

Regards

Which leads me to the next logical step.

@AlGrenadine - I purchased FracPad and BT-01, and while I found it worked very well when connected directly to the FM3, my rig has 5 midi devices daisy chained from my MorningstarFx MC6 and I'd like to be able to trigger a range of actions from a single press on the MC6. Do you have an authoritative list of Sysex for the FM3?

Regards
I have but am not allowed to share

Back
Top Bottom