Synth pad/ambiance/strings - easy add ideas

Tplesko

Inspired
Hi all, given the CPU strengths I’d like to add a pedal that controls some ambience or traditional, “synth pad” any of my patches.

What is the easiest and simplest way to get there? Any help appreciated,

In my head, I am thinking a plex delay or shimmer tied to the expression pedal such that I can simply hit the pedal and bleed in some ambience to tunes. Running in parallel and taking 8-10% of cpu would be fine and clean and easy.

With my AX8 I had a Roland synth into an fx loop tied to a pedal and it worked well, but I really was mostly using it only for pad, stings, ambience. With the AIII I think I can ditch the Roland and significantly simplify, which would be great.

Any easy ideas? Thanks!

Thanks all.

Hi - if you're using the Plex block, which has some very ambient sounds; I submitted a WISH request to allow the levels to be controlled by a modifier (like an LFO).

So what ???

I've seen/heard the string pads generated by phone apps do this --- they weave in and out various notes of the chord, like 5 (the fifth) and an octave up, or two octaves up. They have note very soft and then get louder and then get lower in volume. So with the plex shift block you can assign one of the eight pitch shifters to a fifth up, or an octave up or two octaves up, and then use a very slow LFO to control the volume level so that particular pitch shift would weave in and out.

The kind gentleman from fractal claims this will be in the next release

FYI

Back
Top Bottom