Sync issues with my AX8 and iMac

Randy Woolford

I am able to get my AX8 and iMac to sync every once in while, however, it will eventually stop syncing and give me the following message:

"Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info"

I have firmware version 9.04 January 24, 2018. This just started happening after I uploaded the new firmware and it appears to be getting worse. I have checked the USB cable and it is fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion and I will give that a try but this is the same cable I've been using for a while and the issue seems to have started when I updated the firmware.

I have a Macbook Pro and the same problems, first start the AX8 Edit and then turn on the AX8, it has not happened to me again ...

I have a Macbook Pro and the same problems, first start the AX8 Edit and then turn on the AX8, it has not happened to me again ...

Thanks for that tip, as I've been occasionally having the same problem. I'm curious... is this something that has been officially announced, and I missed it? Or, is it a workaround that you discovered on your own?

Thanks for that tip, as I've been occasionally having the same problem. I'm curious... is this something that has been officially announced, and I missed it? Or, is it a workaround that you discovered on your own?
That was already a few times Tema here in the forum, I do not know which forum member the tip is, but it works. With the 9.04 it has not happened to me in this way ...

The only way it works for me is to launch Axe Edit and then plug into the AX8 or power the AX8 on. I think there’s a sticky thread that gave me that tip. But it’s that exact sequence or nada.

Back
Top Bottom