Sweet Child O' Mine preset to share?

deathsilver

Inspired
Hi all, trying to get a good preset going for GnR's Sweet Child O'mine lead guitar track.
Not having huge success so far.
Would anyone mind sharing a FW10 preset they use for that song so I can play around with that to get going?
Cheers!

If you wanted to try to make your own patch, start with the Brit Silver and a. Marshal 412. Slash has a lot of gain on his amp, but dials it down using the volume control. Something to consider also are the pickups that he uses. Alnwick Pro 2's are very "sweet" sounding pups. Czech out Seymour Duncan's website and look at the frequency curve of those particular pups. Best of luck

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Slash uses Silver Jubilee heads. I thought that the Brit Silver was that amp head? No?

My mistake :eek:ops

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Apparently he does use Silver Jubilees... and you're right, that's the Brit Silver. The Brit Super is a model of the AFD100 which is Marshall's remake of the amp he used on the first album...

I guess try them both and see what floats your boat ;-)

The stock sweet child preset seems to lack enough gain and sustain. I get much closer just using the Brit silver into a 412 marshall

Also try the preset 016 in my bank A (see my sig for the link). I reduced the tone match amount but you can raise it

Back
Top Bottom