SV Bass tonestack in advanced parameters

JGR

Inspired
It would be nice to have the SV Bass tonestack as one of the selectable tonestack options in the advanced parameters - I think this would help users build some cool bass patches from guitar amp models.

I believe that tonestack is just active (even when the setting is passive). I don't think there are any hidden tone stacks. Easy to tell, just switch from active to passive and if there is no difference then there is your answer.

javajunkie said:
I believe that tonestack is just active (even when the setting is passive). I don't think there are any hidden tone stacks. Easy to tell, just switch from active to passive and if there is no difference then there is your answer.

Hmm, I'll give it a whirl and see, but I would expect that tonestack to be unique to that amp since it was tailored to bass.

just tried and other than a bit of difference in volume at the extremes passive and active seem to be the same. Just set your tone stack location to pre, the tone freq to 751, and tone stack type to active to match it on another sim.

javajunkie said:
just tried and other than a bit of difference in volume at the extremes passive and active seem to be the same. Just set your tone stack location to pre, the tone freq to 751, and tone stack type to active to match it on another sim.

That won't be the same though, since the neutral position on most amps (noon or 5.00 across the board) still has that amp's original tonestack in the circuit, ie, if you choose "active" for the tonestack on a Fender Twin, you'll still have a Fender mid scoop when the tone controls are "flat", because it'll sound like a Fender with everything set to 5, which is not flat. It may sound good, or close enough, but it's not the same thing.

It's confusing, but the active tonestack option isn't really the same as a true active EQ, since Cliff used the high noon positions as his zero reference point instead of removing the tone circuit altogether. I agree, a proper active tonestack (the SVT version would do) would be a nice option.

Back
Top Bottom