Sustainac pick-up simulation is it possible?

Rocky Gallo

Inspired
Is it possible to create a block or effect that would let the sound of the guitar act as if you were using a Sustainac pickup?

why not buy the sustainac stomp model. i have one and its more versatile
You still need than transducer that goes on back of headstock
To my knowledge no one has been able to simulate vibrating strings in a pedal the Freqout tries and probably gets closest but it not as natural as a sustainiac or the Jackson or Schecter systems on the guitars

Is it possible to create a block or effect that would let the sound of the guitar act as if you were using a Sustainac pickup?

It's not easy. Here's an attempt at a feedback preset. (I'm using an external 4 switch to turn on the feedback with the synth block mix parameter, but you can use any source you want) . This demonstrates a technique similar to what a FreqOut does.

I have a Sustainiac and I have a Freqout. The Sustainiac is better than the Freqout and the Freqout is better than what you can accomplish with the Axe-FX, but they are all fun in their own ways.

Attachments

• Feedback Sim.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
It's not easy. Here's an attempt at a feedback preset. (I'm using an external 4 switch to turn on the feedback with the synth block mix parameter, but you can use any source you want) . This demonstrates a technique similar to what a FreqOut does.

I have a Sustainiac and I have a Freqout. The Sustainiac is better than the Freqout and the Freqout is better than what you can accomplish with the Axe-FX, but they are all fun in their own ways.
Thank you! I will give it a shot!!!

In the past, I've used a narrow band peq boost with the center attached to a modifier that tracks the input frequency. It helps. But I have Sustainiacs in all my gigging guitars.

You could also check out The Vibesware products. http://www.vibesware.com/

You still need than transducer that goes on back of headstock
To my knowledge no one has been able to simulate vibrating strings in a pedal the Freqout tries and probably gets closest but it not as natural as a sustainiac or the Jackson or Schecter systems on the guitars
I don't think either of them sound natural. sounds cool but nothing like a speaker and guitar reacting

I have a guitar with one and love it.

But I think TC Electronic just came out with a pedal that does a half decent job of mimicking one.

Another option is an Ebow but I don’t like them and the Sustainiac is much more controllable.

Back
Top Bottom