Surprise Product Release...? 9/9/13?

jalonhall

Inspired
Hey guys:

I am just curious if any of you are aware of the big "product unveiling" that is supposed to take place today (9/9/13). I have been seeing all of these "it's coming" posts on the Musician's Friend FB page, but still haven't found out what exactly it is. Apparently it "will change the way you record forever" and is "the first of its kind" (as per some of the marketing descriptions). I'm just curious as to what it could possibly be... especially since it is now 9/9/13 and I haven't seen or heard what this big thing is yet. Anywho... just curious. Has anyone else seen this or know what this could be?

The suspense is driving me insane. :)

Here is a link to Musician's Friend's FB page where the posts are located. https://m.facebook.com/MusiciansFriend?id=6722569083&_rdr

You've got me curious, but I'm a bit more skeptical than I used to be about this sort of thing. OTOH, once in a while it's true that something comes along that changes how we work/play. The Axe, Iphone, Ipad, Ableton Live, Fishman TP, Iconnectmidi 2 and 4 (though 4 isn't out...2 is showing up today hopefully..audio pass thru and midi hookup between 2 computing devices, i.e. Ipad and laptop)

Will keep my eyes/ears peeled.

Haha well dang. This marketing approach definitely has me, and quite a few others, very curious. I am pretty sure whatever it is will not make it to my doorstep anytime soon since I just dropped a decent amount of cake on some ADAM A7X monitors. Either way... I'd still really like to know what it is. For what it's worth tho... the AxeII has already "changed the way I record forever". Whatever it is I know for a fact it can't be as amazing as what Fractal has made available to us:) This "teasing" junk is still driving me nuts tho.

Slate Raven. Looks pretty nice, but too much money for my home studio. Hardly an unveiling... This has been discussed at length for quite some time on Gearslutz.

Yes, I have gear list for it, no, I don't see myself buying one. I'll settle for the new korg rack mount pitchblack tuner to satisfy my gearlust for $99 :)

I think its this: Slate Raven MTi | Guitar Center

I've seen those before and I don't really see the point when you can get a touch screen monitor for a fraction of the cost and not have to deal with midi programming. And honestly if spending money in an external controller that wouldn't even be on my list no matter what the price. I'd rather have physical controls.

Crap... Just saw the price. That came in much cheaper than anticipated. Dammit. Now I want that too...

Still not buying it. :(

Yea I finally saw the beast and it looks sick! Looks like a great piece of gear. I remember seeing Slate use that on some Vids on YT. Not really something I would "need" any time soon. I really love all of the Slate Digital stuff that I own and have tried (like VTM, VCC, Trigger, Buss Compressors, etc...) so there's no doubt it's excellent quality stuff.

Slate Raven. Looks pretty nice, but too much money for my home studio. Hardly an unveiling... This has been discussed at length for quite some time on Gearslutz.

Yes, I have gear list for it, no, I don't see myself buying one. I'll settle for the new korg rack mount pitchblack tuner to satisfy my gearlust for $99 :)

Wow a new Korg Rackmount huh? Dude I wish that would've been around a year or two ago when I spent like $350+ on a Peterson StroboRack! The Peterson is amazing and looks fantastic... but it is still a $350 tuner:/

I will give them this - they NAILED it on the price point. Hope it lives up to what it purports to be; that'll be a runaway success of a product.

Back
Top Bottom