Superbowl

UnsungHeroGuitars

Fractal Fanatic
Who's watching..?

Being English, I'm not a massive American Football fan (but do have a soft spot for The Packers for some reason) and have the game on now - any big fans in..?

Oh and yes, Madonna put on a good show - a bit better than some of the dodgier half-time performances of late!

Fair point!
laughing.gif

Good, close game
thumbsup.gif

Watching - thought Madonna's show was terrible - but then I tune out immediately as soon as I figure out they're either lip syncing or singing along with 20 tracks behind them. Oh for the days before the Janet Jackson debacle...Halftime has been neutered since then. At least the game is good.

Met Archie Manning in Ocean Springs Ms. when I was 14 years old. Watched him play for Ole Miss and then the Saints. He never had a team around him and got the CRAP beat out of him year after year, but he "NEVER EVER" complained. A total class act. Now his sons Eli & Payton have 2 Superbowls each. Pretty sweet...............

I'm a huge NFL fan. To be honest the game was a complete borefest until the 4th quarter. It just seemed like both teams were waiting to see who got the ball last to drive down and win it and the Giants almost blew it by scoring too fast.

The funniest part of the night (well not too funny for my friend), but that stupid missed point conversion cost him some money because the over/under for the second half was 12.5 and he took the over....they ended up with 12. He still came out ahead for the night, but I'd never be able to handle gambling on a game I have no control over.

Anyway I'm kind of interested as to how this impacts Eli's legacy. I mean Brady's pretty much been on the cusp of breaking the number one all time QB spot for a few years now, but Eli's beaten him twice now. And it's kind of cool to see a coach that everyone is ready to run out of town win a second ring. Coughlin's a tough coach, but he seems like a genuinely good guy. Speaks voliumes for ownership to stick with their guy through thick and thin.

Given that 95% of NFL players will go their entire career without ever actually kicking the ball, I do wonder why it's called "foot"ball.

^ Payton only has 1 Superbowl dude!!

1) It's Peyton, not Payton as in Walter
2) Peyton was IN 2, just didnt Win 2. STill 4 total for 2 brothers in the same era, NOT BAD
3) SB was boring and proves a) Brady needs some wide receivers, really wth happend to Ocho. sure he's a goof, but he had great talent?! b) If Belichek (sp?) is so great why cant he play defense, he gave up the obvious prevent defense 4th quarter comeback everyone knew was coming!
4) 49ers were sooooooooooooo close, but no cigars. Maybe PEYTON will go play there!

Superbowl was good. Both teams put out a great effort. The Madonna show was pretty bad until the clueless MIA flipped the bird. Then it went to wardrobe malfunction level. I'm no Madonna fan, but I will give her a nod for knowing who was watching the game, and showing restraint for her audience. As for MIA, perhaps her 15 minutes of fame could be cut to 5 minutes with 4 minutes and 59 seconds of commercials. Her lack of class goes to 11.

Last edited:
arrrrg, I was cringing watching madonna. hunched over lip syncing and stiff. I felt bad for her sorta, like someones mom trying to relive her old stripper days; Even britney spears is washed up and madonna was the OG, she should be singing if she could, more mature stuff, not trying to rap and prance around. As far as talent Lady gaga makes anything and everything Madonna ever was or did pale in comparison, though she owes her for some original flamboyance.

ps I found the sb boring, so many mistakes miscues dropped balls, poor defense, and honestly wasnt rooting for either. Looked unprofessional from an objective point of view.

yeah boring, no long runs few long passes, Brady one of best qb ever didnt throw a pass for over 20 yards. what happend to the really good teams of yesteryear, great killing defenses, amazing high flying offenses. Bradshaws, staubachs, montanas, elways, rices, etc. Honestly. If that game was exciting, you must have been born in the 90s at the earliest!

Back
Top Bottom