Super dumb question

I have a super dumb question, so apologies in advance.

I want to create a preset with 3 scenes, with all the scenes being exactly the same except for one difference: I want Scene 1's volume to be at one level, then I want Scene 2's volume to be at a louder level, then I want Scene 3 to be the same except that its volume is the loudest level.

Is the way to do this basically to have the same amp appearing 3 times in the signal chain--with each amp set to the respective volume I want--and then to have each scene have one of the amps present (and the other two amps grayed out)?

I have a super dumb question, so apologies in advance.

I want to create a preset with 3 scenes, with all the scenes being exactly the same except for one difference: I want Scene 1's volume to be at one level, then I want Scene 2's volume to be at a louder level, then I want Scene 3 to be the same except that its volume is the loudest level.

Is the way to do this basically to have the same amp appearing 3 times in the signal chain--with each amp set to the respective volume I want--and then to have each scene have one of the amps present (and the other two amps grayed out)?
You could use one Amp with one Channel and simply assign the Level-Control to a scene controller. You can use the SC to set a different level for each scene.

Ah, makes sense! Thank you. Okay, a follow-up question that is along the same lines: what if I want my preset to have 3 scenes, and each scene has a different phaser setting? Like, Scene 1 is a small amount of effect, Scene 2 is a medium amount, and Scene 3 is a higher amount? Is that when I need to use 3 phaser blocks?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions.

Ah, makes sense! Thank you. Okay, a follow-up question that is along the same lines: what if I want my preset to have 3 scenes, and each scene has a different phaser setting? Like, Scene 1 is a small amount of effect, Scene 2 is a medium amount, and Scene 3 is a higher amount? Is that when I need to use 3 phaser blocks?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions.
You can again just use channels of one block...

The output block has a level parameter per scene. That would be an easy way to change Wilkie’s without needing to change amp block channels(which causes a small gap in audio).
All true, but there's a possible downside to that approach.

If you have long-ish time-based effects like reverb or delay, changing level in the output block will affect those tails in a way that may feel unnatural. To avoid that, I try to manage level before reverb and delay blocks (when they're after the amp, which is usually but not always where I put them).

Ah, I see! Thank you!
I guess maybe you're trying to figure out what scenarios you might need multiple instances of an effect block?

Some examples:

2 Amp blocks for gapless changes

2 Drive blocks to "stack" drives (1 drive into another drive)

2 Reverb blocks to change between 2 different types of Reverb and not get any artifacts

Any case where you need more than 4 variations (channels) of an effect within the same preset.

Also, as you've seen from the replies, there's more than 1 way to solve some problems.

As a new user myself, I think your question and followup question were excellent. I sorta guessed that the A B C D blocks were probably the way forward. Still haven’t played with that side of things yet. Scene controllers..? Next month maybe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom