Sun shield for the FM9, suggestions?

After some input I may re-design it more like a tent frame (maybe hinged to fold up) to just set down over the FM9 with 4 feet. That way it can be installed and removed in seconds. I'm not sold on the base having to go under my DUO-34, It's a work-in-progress and I have a few weeks till the next outdoor show.....
Maybe find a way to attach it directly to the Duo, maybe come up with an adaptor that permanently mounts in to the holes in the Duo that allows you to plug in and secure the round bar frame work that hold the shade?

Maybe find a way to attach it directly to the Duo, maybe come up with an adaptor that permanently mounts in to the holes in the Duo that allows you to plug in and secure the round bar frame work that hold the shade?
That's exactly what I'm thinking. maybe put some sockets on my mic stand base for the rods to sit in. My mic stand base is a 1/8" steel platform that the DUO sits on and has a socket for the mic stand to clamp in to. this allows the mic to come right up behind the DUO nice and tight.

Be wary of umbrellas clamped to mic stands. A little breeze can send the whole thing toppling to the stage.
It could be a viable solution! if you can find a way to attach it to your board there should be enough weight to keep it from blowing over.

Be wary of umbrellas clamped to mic stands. A little breeze can send the whole thing toppling to the stage.
Good point - it would be a good idea to add a little extra weight to the base just in case. I seem to recall that the last time I used it I had a separate mic stand set up behind me... If you were just protecting the FM9, you could clamp it down low

I just throw a towel over it between sets or if it's really hot and bright throw it on the display whenever I don't need to read it. I have a lot of song I don't switch too much.

With a custom mic stand base like mine the umbrella trick may work without worrying about the wind, it's pretty stout and has the whole floor unit on top of it for weight.;)
1689086514891.jpeg
1689086558931.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom