Suhr/CAA PT100

Well the PT100 is trying to sound like different Fenders and Marshalls so why not use those amp sims. Deluxe/Plexi/JCM800 etc.

I actually have a PT50. It doesn't really sound like those amps. The clean is fender-y, channel 2 is Marshall-ish etc... It really is it's own thing. That John Suhr touch.

I guess I should have been more specific.

Channel 2 on the PT100. Channel 3 adds a gain stage to channel 2 on mine. Like going from marsha BE to HBE.

I'd try a drive pedal with in front of a Marshall. (Full OD or 808 OD) What about the Hairy Brown Hole? Does it sound anything alike?

Clark Kent said:
I'd try a drive pedal with in front of a Marshall. (Full OD or 808 OD) What about the Hairy Brown Hole? Does it sound anything alike?
:mrgreen:

It's the Hairy Brown Eye....not that it's much better. :lol:

shasha said:
Clark Kent said:
:mrgreen:

It's the Hairy Brown Eye....not that it's much better. :lol:
The bass is a little farty :lol:

I asked Peter about this once and I think he told me that the PT-100 ( original version ) and the Friedman ( formerly Marsha ) are similar.

I'd use the BE for Ch 2
And the HBE for Ch 3 ( Boost )

Good Luck, let us know how you do ?

Since I have a pt50, at first blush I'd say the cae3+ feels a little closer although too compressed.

I will play with the marsha a bit and see if I can ge it a little "chewier." I am new to the axe, so the learning curve has been steep.

Hey.

Here's a patch based on the crunch sound PT plays in this vid.

enjoy! :)

Attachments

• CAE PT100 Crunch.syx
    2 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom