Suggestion IR for Marshall/Plexi amps?

halenesque

Inspired
I'm looking for an IR to go with a Marshall/Plexi amp to try to get as close as possible to the tone Jimmy Page had around The Song Remains The Same era (1973). I did a post earlier about matching the tone of the Royal MSG 100 amp which pretty much nails it. I was told to use a Marshall/Plexi amp but I need to find a decent IR to accompany it. Any suggestions? You can hear demos of that amp on YouTube or Royals site. Thanks

I got this one and based on experience with Kevins work it think it's what you need.... YMMV

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...sh-uk-multi-cabinet-collection-ownhammer.html

If you don't want to buy, try one of these:
028 — 2x12 GOLD 30 FAR-FIELD (JM) — Far-field IR of a Celestion Alnico Gold.
029 — 2x12 G12-65 FAR-FIELD (JM) — Far-field IR of a Celestion G12-65.

I actually got a really cool skinny vintage page-ish tone with one of these. I don't remember what i did, but i tweaked some parameters in the cab block. Probably air and room...
I'll check when i get home. PM me and i'll send you the preset so you can try.

I think it's FAS Class A and IR 028 — 2x12 GOLD 30 FAR-FIELD (JM) in this preset.
It sounds great with all my guitars, but particulary good with my Tele. Works great with volum/tone changes.

I never liked these irs before, but it was really cool in this partcular preset.

Orange MatAmp - Page used this amp on stage from Aug. 7, 1971 through the 1973 US Tour together with a Theremin.
Also try Supro or a Class A amp...

Page have used a lot of gear, particulary in studio. Even going direct...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom