Suddenly all patches have high pitch bagground noice.. :(

Michael Engel

Vendor
Well i woke up this morning and turned on my almost new Axe 2 and started jamming with the patches i tweaked last night. (i always do this so i can hear and tweak them with "fresh ears")
Immediately i heard a very annoying high pith bagground noice, i checked all presets, the same noice. :cry

Fortunatly i made a recording of some random jam i made after setting up the looper a couple of days ago. Then i found the exact same patch with no extra tweaking, then did a recreation of the recording. The result is below:

(When the solo kicks in, the track stays on the 1. recording)

As you can hear, there is a clear difference in the bagground noice. This noice came from one day to another, no change in setup, cables or guitar.
Im from Denmark and electric current is very stable here, so i don't think thats the source, but i can't be 100 % sure.

Any ideas what causes this noice? it bugs me a lot.
Thanks!

Well, the power is pretty bad in Denmark if you compare it to other countries. I've played ALOT in Denmark and have family there, and the power in Denmark is the worse of all the places in Europe I've played. I couldn't use real singlecoils at any of the gigs I've done there, too much noise, no ground connection etc. I'm just saying this because I don't think you can rule out the power. I'm not trying to be a dick ;)

It is? Naah man. There is ground, unless you plugged it right into any wall socket. I don't know what its called in english but for live gigging we have cables like these:
8f699d80c7748fc6214808b336c8b9e9.jpg

Back to topic: even though it can be some sort of electrical issue, how can this occur? i mean, same socket, same everything...

Okay, i tried again. Now its fine again. Well thats good, but it makes me a bit worried.. First it was fine, then noisy, and now fine again - all with the same setup.. hmm.

It is? Naah man. There is ground, unless you plugged it right into any wall socket. I don't know what its called in english but for live gigging we have cables like these:
8f699d80c7748fc6214808b336c8b9e9.jpg

Back to topic: even though it can be some sort of electrical issue, how can this occur? i mean, same socket, same everything...

Still doesn't mean there is ground. The majority of places I played, even bigger places that held 1000 had no ground. The noise was just silly!

Next time it happens, switch to a different 1/4 inch cord and see of it shows an improvement. Recommend a good quality shielded cord.

Next time, go Lava Soar!

Lava Cable - Soar

Well, the thing is i need Y cable in specific dimensions. But that "guitar-cable.com"-cable ended up costing way too much. First 40$ for the cable, then 40$ for the shipping cost to Denmark, then almost 50$ FOR TAX FEE. whaaat, and they call the world globalized... its too much, way too much. We even have to pay taxes for the shipping cost, wtf is that about.

Do anybody know any european dealers with cable thees: Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: GUITAR_Y

What does the Y cable do?
I have a fishman powerbridge installed in my tele, its a piezo bridge. This means that i have a stereo jack-output in the guitar. This stereo jack must split into two mono-jacks so i can run them to two different inputs on the axe effect.

My customized and improved "Telecaster HW1 upgrade limited edition" (yes thats the original name - only 100 with this color made)
IMG_0544.JPG

As you can see theres a les paul style switch mounted, this switch enables me to switch between the two signals. No matter what preset I'm on, i'll always have my acoustic sound at that switch. Im trying it out for the first time at this saturday's gig :)

Im from Denmark and electric current is very stable here, so i don't think thats the source, but i can't be 100 % sure.
Electricity is generally very dirty nowadays (Google "dirty electricity").

I have high pitched stuff here and nothing at a friends's studio. Still not sure if it's an on and off thing or my electricity/EMF situation. The Ultra didn't use to suffer from it and because of my EMGs it was perfectly quiet. The II... I don't look forward playing it sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom