Sudden FM9 USB Connection Failure - Any Suggestions?

Nunya Bzness

I received my FM9 a couple of weeks ago. Computer (Windows 11) integration of USB was painless and both FM9-Edit and Fractal-Bot worked great. Over this past weekend, (8/10/24), everything was great. As of Wednesday morning, the USB no longer connects. The only change in the system over this period was Patch Tuesday.

Assuming it wasn't a failed USB port on the FM9, I tried the following:
Assuming it wasn’t an issue with MS patches, I did the following:
  1. Switched USB cables (both are new).
  2. Switched USB ports on the main computer, to each of the 4 on the front panel (2 sets of USB 3 headers direct to the motherboard).
  3. Switched computers to a different desktop and a laptop. All computers are Windows based and were patched Tuesday.
  4. Uninstalled software from the main machine, rebooted, and repeated
  5. Reset the FM9 settings (first option) on the utility page, tools
At this point, I have no idea how to isolate the problem to either the Windows driver or the FM9 itself...

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you've done good troubleshooting on your own so far so it's looking like the problem may be on the FM9 side. Maybe try reinstalling the latest FM9 USB driver in case windows update overwrote something. If that doesn't do it I'd suggest contacting Fractal Support to get the ball rolling with them.

I wrote support last night, but haven't heard from them yet. I was hoping that maybe the larger population sample here would give an early indication of problems with this week's Windows Update...

I uninstalled both applications (FM9-Edit and Fractal-Bot) along with the drivers a bunch of times. No help...

Thanks!

Great post and list. I've tried everything there, unfortunately.

My FM9 USB driver status tab shows "No devices connected" and the about tab has a completely empty Driver Info box, which is surprising to me. Can any Windows users confirm that, at least, the about tab is "wrong"?

This is the only thing that has me questioning whether the issue could be on the Windows side...

Attachments

• FM9-Driver-1.png
    FM9-Driver-1.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
  • FM9-Driver-2.png
    FM9-Driver-2.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 3
Great post and list. I've tried everything there, unfortunately.

My FM9 USB driver status tab shows "No devices connected" and the about tab has a completely empty Driver Info box, which is surprising to me. Can any Windows users confirm that, at least, the about tab is "wrong"?

This is the only thing that has me questioning whether the issue could be on the Windows side...
I'm not able to confirm because I'm away from my gear right now.

Since you've reached out to support I think it's best to wait for them at this point.

Back
Top Bottom