Stupid question: How do I turn knobs?

bjjp2

Power User
I'm on a MacBook Air and not using a mouse. Can't seem to find the right gestures to turn the knobs.

Last edited:
Hmm... I am guessing it would be hard with a trackpad.

By default, the knobs are in 'Linear' mode I believe, so you have to get the cursor over the knob, depress the trackpad and slide your finger up or down?

I am really not sure, because I have a magic mouse with my MacBookPro, and haven't tried it with just the trackpad...

Good luck...

<click> and hold then with another finger swipe side-to-side for big movements and up-and-down for slightly finer. Hold <shift> down other hand for really fine movement.

Or set it up in System Preferences so that a double tap+hold (not click) emulates click+hold -- much easier that way, imo.

You may also want to check the AE3 preferences. I think JUCE has built-in support for linear and/or rotary on their "knob" controls, so you can twist your finger around and get the expected results.

You may also want to check the AE3 preferences. I think JUCE has built-in support for linear and/or rotary on their "knob" controls, so you can twist your finger around and get the expected results.

That did it! Changed from "linear" to "circular" knob. Thanks.

Just type in the values

Defeats purpose. Want to be able to do with right hand and sweep the knob while I pluck strings with my left hand to hear changes.

Use the looper so you can make changes while listening to your actual playing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Back
Top Bottom