Stuck on Scroll, help (video linked)

CyanideChrist

youtube.com/watch?v=zqQECSj_0I8

I can use the knob to switch presets, but when i hit edit it starts scrolling (video). Also, not in the video, when I pressed Global everything went blank for about 10 seconds, which I pressed other buttons (one at a time), and then after a few pushes it went back to the Edit screen scrolling.

When I hold the BYPASS button it stops on what ever option it happens to be scrolling through, and then I and use the VALUE knob to adjust it.

(Just inspected the bottom after typing the above, took picture i.imgur.com/goI5x1a.jpg )

Also, I'm not too sure, but I feel like the ENTER and EXIT buttons can't be pressed in.

Got the unit today, bought it off Rig-Talk, oh and one of the rack ears got bent during shipping.

I would see if there is any similar strangeness when you use the editing software. If not, you probably have a bad encoder wheel, which was very common with Ultras and Standards. Check with Fractal support, which is excellent. They have a replacement kit for the encoder. It was about $20 when I had to do that with my Ultra and it was also very easy to replace (just find and watch the video). Hope that helps.

The NAV > button being stuck would cause what's in the video. Pressing Bypass could be releasing some pressure on the nav button sensor.

The front panel looks bent in that image. Rubber pads under the buttons may have shifted.

Back
Top Bottom