Stuck on boot: “Initializing GUI”

hpgn

Hi all! My Axe FX III is randomly stopping during boot and getting stuck on “Initializing GUI”. I’m able to boot it in recovery mode and re-flash the firmware. Then I’ll use it for a couple of days until it happens again. Is this something that I can fix on my end?

Thanks!

H.

Next time it happens follow the instructions in the manual for PROBLEMS WITH A SINGLE PRESET and PROBLEMS WITH GLOBAL SETTINGS OR PARAMETERS. You shouldn't need to reinstall the firmware.

Cliff, thank you for the information. It happened again today and it took me 3-4 tries holding down the HOME button before it booted correctly. Assuming it is a corrupt preset (it has happened on various presets, assuming the last preset used is the culprit) is there anything I can do to avoid this? It is kind of scary, specially if it happens right before a gig. Thanks!!

Cliff, thank you for the information. It happened again today and it took me 3-4 tries holding down the HOME button before it booted correctly. Assuming it is a corrupt preset (it has happened on various presets, assuming the last preset used is the culprit) is there anything I can do to avoid this? It is kind of scary, specially if it happens right before a gig. Thanks!!
That's not normal. Do you have any kind of MIDI controller connected?

No. I have a FC-6 connected at times but not not every time it has happened. But I do have the USB cable connected every time I have turned the AXE FX on and the problem occurred.

No. I have a FC-6 connected at times but not not every time it has happened. But I do have the USB cable connected every time I have turned the AXE FX on and the problem occurred.
It's worth a shot disconnecting the USB cable and seeing if the problem goes away.

Back
Top Bottom